Banana Milkshake Recipe
Milkshakes are the tastiest and healthiest recipe to serve your child. And if it happens to be Banana Milkshake, they are best for the teething phase and overall growth of your child. Also, this milkshake keeps your child full for a longer time and improves digestion as well. The soft and mushy texture of bananas makes it the most preferred food item for babies. Now let’s just add some more nutrition to it by making a super tasty milkshake.
Video: How to Make Banana Milkshake for Babies and Toddlers (Suitable for Babies 12 Months Old and Up)
This recipe does not promote the use of any processed items like ice-creams, whipped cream, milk powder, and protein powder. It is always good to make it a healthy and easy way.
Now let us know about how to make a banana milkshake, the way your child will love!
Cooking Method: Mixer or Blender.
Type of Meal: Vegetarian.
Suitable For: Babies older than 12 months.
Meal Schedule: Breakfast, Mid Morning Snack, Lunch or Evening Snack.
Recipe Type: Beverage
|Banana||2 in number|
|Toned Milk or Coconut Milk||2 cups|
|Sugar/Honey (Optional)||According to taste|
|Vanilla Extract (Optional)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cardamom Powder(Optional)||1/4 teaspoon|
So here goes the step by step procedure to make a yummy banana milkshake. Also, the method is similar whether you use a mixer or a blender:
- Peel and chop bananas into small pieces. Add them to the blender jar.
- Next, add the milk into the jar.
- Add either cardamom powder or vanilla extract in the quantities specified above.
- Add sugar or honey only if it is required and according to your taste.
- Blend until smooth.
- The milkshake is ready to serve. You can sprinkle cardamom powder on top while serving.
- If your kid likes it cool, you can refrigerate and then serve the milkshake.
- For this homemade banana milkshake baby food recipe, it is necessary that you buy ripe bananas so that the milkshake turns out smooth and tasty.
- Also ripe bananas are sweeter so you can avoid adding sugar or honey which is not advisable for babies less than 12 months of age.
- The milk added to this simple banana milkshake recipe should be pre-boiled. Next, cool it and add it in the recipe. Pre-boiled milk ensures that milk is good to consume.
- Do not keep the milkshake for more than 4 hours as the milk may get spoiled.
Nutrition Information (Per 100 Grams):
|Energy||462 k Cal|
|Dietary Fibre||2.2 grams|
- Bananas are rich in fiber, hence they are easy to digest for kids and make them feel full for longer. Bananas are good for the heart as well.
- The calcium and potassium content in bananas is good for your child’s growing teeth and bones.
- The recipe is rich in Vitamin A which keeps your child’s eyesight intact.
- This recipe is loaded with minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, and iron, etc.
- The iron content in bananas is helpful in the creation of RBCs and enough hemoglobin.
- Bananas fuel your child’s brain and increase their concentration power.
- This recipe will work wonders on kids who need to put on weight.
- Including bananas in any form in your child’s diet helps in the removal of toxins from your baby’s body and thereby reduces the risk of diseases like allergies, urine infection, etc.
Following points should be kept in mind while buying ingredients for this recipe:
- Always buy ripe yellow bananas. This makes the recipe tastier and avoids the usage of artificial sweeteners. For green bananas, you will have to wait till they turn yellow or ripe.
- It is advised that you buy organic fruits and vegetables for your babies. These are produced from safer ways of farming.
- The choice of milk completely depends on you. You can go for toned milk or buffalo milk or cow milk or maybe coconut milk. This completely depends on your child’s suitability.
Do prepare this extremely easy banana milkshake for babies which is not only tasty but is super healthy too. For kids who throw tantrums to drink milk, you can easily give them milk in a tastier way!