Mint and coriander chutney
In its basic form, green chutney is just a blend of 4 ingredients – coriander, mint, green chilies and lemon juice but it allows you to do whatever you want with it. Add up any ingredient of your choice like ginger, garlic, chat masala, jeera, sugar, coconut, groundnuts and maybe some more.
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|6 People||5 Minutes||00 Minutes|
- 2.5 cups fresh coriander(cilantro) leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 6– 8 cloves garlic
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 hot green chili peppers, or to taste
- 2 tbsp(tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoon water or as needed
- 1/2 tsp(teaspoon) cumin seeds
- salt to taste
Remove the tough stalks of the fresh herbs.
Wash coriander and mint leaves.
Blend/puree all ingredients above to a smooth consistency.
Serve as a condiment, dip or spread.
|Calories||10||Calories from Fat||1|
|Total Fat||0.1g 0%||Saturated Fat||0.1g 1%|
|Trans Fat||0.0g||Cholesterol||0 mg 0%|
|Sodium||4 mg 0%||Potassium||38 mg 1%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1.2 g 0%||Dietary Fiber||0.2 g 1%|
|Sugars||0.3 g||Protein||0.6 g|
|Vitamin A||6%||Vitamin C||10%|
|Calcium||0 %||Iron||1 %|
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.