Last Updated on
You as an individual always require a push, a motivation, a stimulus or a reason to start a new.
A bank of new year’s resolutions, ideas is what you are flooded with, every last month of a year, to mark the beginning of a new year. These resolutions give you strength for the upcoming challenges in the new year that somewhere you are aware of.
Resolution is something which is purposeful, to be determined of, an aspiration, an aim, and it shows our firmness.
1. Health Comes First
- Every day starts with a sunrise, so the most important thing is to be an early bird. Start your day early. I understand it’s tough for sleepy heads and lazy people, but condition your self every night while going to sleep and promise to rise early in the morning.
- Set multiple alarms ?
- Give 30-60 minutes to your body. Do gym, yoga, jogging, and brisk walk whatever you enjoy. Most importantly add “Surya Namaskar” to your morning exercise. You will feel the difference in a week. Start slowly, don’t exhaust yourself from day one
- With all this workout have a healthy diet. A “must add” for the morning breakfast is a glass of juice made of carrot, beetroot, orange and half a pomegranate and enjoy the healthy juice
2. Quit Bad Habits
- Try and say bye-bye to certain habits which give you happiness or relaxation for a short span and you regret later like Smoking and alcohol
- The warnings given on cigarette packs and liquor bottles are true
- If you are willing to quit smoking and are stern with your decision, take a tour to your doctor who can suggest various therapies
- For alcohol, throw all the bottles of the same out of the house. Also, you can gift them to your best friend and make your home alcohol free ?
3. Pursue a New Hobby or Skill
- Pursue a hobby long hidden in your diary or deep within your heart. It will give you a feel of accomplishment. It need not be with an earning motive, but something you can do in leisure time
- A new hobby at times may be an outlet of stress. Like my hidden hobby is painting, and this year I am adamant to start it and gift my self a new outlet to vent out my stress ?
- Also at times, a hobby can provide eustress which means a positive kind of pressure/stress that makes you feel excited about what you are doing
- Opt for a new skill set that can add value to your personal and professional life. For example: learn a new language, new professional courses etc
4. Set New Financial Goals
- Be frugal, think before spending a penny, ask yourself “will this add value to your life… Is this very much necessary
- Set a target this year to free yourself from financial debts.
- Aim for short-term savings goals through RD’s, FD’s and Mutual Funds so that monthly instalments directly gets deducted from your account in a planned way
- Open a bank account by the name of your child for his/her
May this coming year be a miraculous one for you, and you abide by all the resolutions you make in the year 2021. All the very best for the following year and wish you a very happy 2021.
If it doesn’t work this year, don’t worry. There’s always the next year ?
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.