#BlendItUp Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins
These hearty muffins are made with smooth-blended banana and oats instead of butter and flour.
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|12 People||25 Minutes||15 Minutes|
- 2 cups oats (quick cooking or old fashioned)
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsps (tablespoons) honey
- 1 1/2 tsps (teaspoons) baking powder(I prefer aluminum free)
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Up to 1/2 cup mix-ins: chocolate chips (mini or regular), chopped dark chocolate, nuts, dried cranberries, or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat the oven to 4000. Lightly grease a 12-cup standard muffin tin or line with paper liners. If using liners, lightly grease them as well and set aside.
Place all ingredients except the mix-ins in a blender. Blend or process on high.
Stir the ingredients once or twice as needed, until the batter is smooth and the oats have broken down almost completely, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the mix-ins. Add the chocolate chips after the blend cools down, chocolate chips may melt and swirl as they are stirred.
Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups, filling each no more than 3/4 of the way to the top.
Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips or nuts as desired. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins set. You can test the donness by inserting a toothpick in the center, if done, it comes out clean.
Place the pan on a wire rack and let the muffins cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and enjoy!
|fat||3.5 g (1.5 g saturated)|
|carbohydrates||23.8 g(2.1 g fiber, 10.1 g sugar)|