Last Updated on
The very thought of this dish makes my mouth to water. Sweet corn with its crunchy texture and soft interiors is a much-loved food the world over. In this creation, boiled corn is baked in a perfect white sauce base with simple garnishes. Baked corn in white sauce with crisp fresh garlic bread is a match made in heaven
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|10 Minutes||05 Minutes|
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1/2 tbsp (tablespoon) butter
- 1/2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup grated processed cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- 1/3 tsp (teaspoon) dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the sauce is thick.
Add half the cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Add the corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
Pour into a baking bowl , sprinkle the remaining cheese and chilli flakes evenly over it and bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f ) for 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
Serve immediately with garlic bread.