Here’s presenting a light vegan salad with loads of proteins. The firm type of tofu tastes and feels like biting into cubes of fresh mozzarella — only instead of being dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, it is coated with sesame oil and soy sauce. This tofu and vegetable salad is rather like the East and West bridging together to some degree with this dish. Check it out!!
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|4 People||10 Minutes||3-5 Minutes|
- 300 g to 350 g tofu (preferably silken tofu)
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Mix all of the dressing ingredients together.
- 2 Cut the tomato and tofu into 5 mm cubes.
- 3 Slice the cucumber.
- 4 Place the cucumber slices in a salad bowl like the one shown in the image. Sprinkle lemon juice and salt.
- 5 Arrange the tomato and avocado in the centre of the bowl as well.
- 6 Pour the dressing over top and sprinkle with ground pepper and sesame seeds.
|Calories||96||Calories from Fat||28 %|
|Total Fat||3.1 g 5%||Saturated Fat||0.4 g 2%|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g||Cholesterol||0 mg 0%|
|Sodium||192 mg 8%||Potassium||480 mg 14%|
|Total Carbohydrates||10.0 g 3%||Dietary Fiber||1.4 g 6%|
|Sugars||3.9 g||Protein||6.2 g|
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.