Last Updated on
Soyabean is a superfood, especially for kids. It has several nutritional benefits. It is low in saturated fats and high in vitamin C and folate. It is also a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and thiamin.
So this time I have come up with a very interesting yet easy and healthy snack for kids i.e. Soyabean cutlets.
- Boiled soyabean – 1 cup
- Besan – 2 tsp
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic – 2-3
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as required
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Oil/ghee – as required
1. Boil one cup of soyabean and squeeze the extra water from it.
2. Take a bowl and add ginger, garlic, boiled soybeans, salt, and black pepper to it, and mix them.
3. Transfer them to a mixer jar, and grind.
4. Take out the mix in a bowl, and add coriander leaves to it.
5. In a separate bowl, take some besan and some water to form a liquidy mix.
6. Apply some ghee or oil in your palm, and mould the soyabean mix into cutlets.
7. Now dip those cutlets in the besan mixture, and keep them ready to fry.
8. Heat a pan on the stove and add ghee or oil for frying.
9. Gently place the cutlets in the pan.
10. Cook on slow flame and occasionally flip on both sides so that it gets cooked evenly.
11. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
You can also mould the cutlets into any shape of your choice. For bigger kids or for adults you may add green chilli if they like. Now the question arises that from which age can these cutlets be given to the kids? So it can be given to a kid older than 18-20 months. Give the cutlets as an evening snack or else it can be served with chapatis or parathas too at dinner time or lunch-time.
I feel we should always try new recipes for our kids so that they don’t get bored. Give them a treat and see their reactions. I’m sure they will love this snack!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.