Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
10 Commandments to Follow During the Lockdown
I am a working woman who became a mother 14 months back. My nightmare had begun even before the lockdown started. I am one of the privileged professionals whose office has a creche. COVID 19 news was spreading like fire, schools got closed and so did the creche. I made a quick decision of calling my mother so that I could work from home; something that I always dread with my infant.
The lockdown was announced on 23rd March. The last nail in the coffin was the announcement that no maids would be allowed to enter the society. Now, I am working more than I ever have with no leisure and compete social distancing. There is no end to household chores, work from home 24*7 with no routine in place and on top of that, entertaining your kid who has been on her own till now in the daycare.
All this led to a disorganized, stressful and anxious life. I realised that this will not end soon and it will be only wise to set a routine and segregate my day for cleaning, cooking, working for office and amidst all this, take a breather for myself too.
10 things I made sure I started doing to utilize my energy and time during this isolation in spite of the chaos happening around
1. Exercise every morning to rejuvenate. Exercising generates happy hormones and it will keep you energised the entire day
2. Bring back that passion for a hobby that you might have- I started writing and wrote my first article for FirstCry itself.
3. Watch a movie on TV or online streaming services.
4. Give some time to your children. Play with them and learn with them. I understand one gets burned out, but it is also a stress buster.
5. Sleep for 7-9 hours so that your body can regenerate to start afresh the next day
6. Listen to the news only once in the morning to strain the brain a little less.
7. Try to help those in need. Don’t cut salaries of the poor, try to give food, donate some part of your salary to the PM fund. Helping others always gives you a sense of belongingness and that you have a purpose in life.
8. Follow physical distancing and not social distancing. Connect with your friends and family through videos and calls to keep in touch
9. Be a little active on social media; whichever platform you prefer. Post that one video or picture. It will make you happy
10. Spend time with your family. We shall be back with our busy lives sooner or later and hope we never see this time again, but we will never get a chance to be at one place with our loved ones for so long.
I hope this will help to ease the stress a little. Stay healthy and stay safe!