Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
Mom-to-be: A wonderful Journey to Remember for Life!
So many things were going through my mind the day the pregnancy test showed a positive pregnancy. I took a picture of the pregnancy test and sent it to my husband too. When the pregnancy was confirmed, I felt like I saw my baby for the first time. And, when I got an ultrasound, I felt I got closer to my baby. With happiness in my heart, I began planning everything for my little one.
If you are expecting a baby too, I want to congratulate you! And, also request you take extra care of yourselves, especially in 1st trimester.
Here are a few tips I want to share with you:
- Drink coconut water early in the morning.
- Eat an apple every morning.
- Then, have a glass of warm milk with almonds if possible. You should have a glass of milk after dinner too.
- Eat some more fruits through the day.
- Include buttermilk in your diet.
- Include dal in your diet as it is a good source of protein.
- Time your meals such that you do not crave for foods.
- And yes, take plenty of rest.
- Try music therapy before going to bed. It will help you relax. You can choose garbh gyan also as it helps the baby relax too.
- You can also read novels, books, and newspaper to know useful information and interesting facts about your baby’s growth and development. This information will prepare you for childbirth and parenting.
- Count the number of kicks you feel in your belly and note down the duration.
- Go for walks and practice yoga as per your comfort level.
- Protect yourself from bacterial and viral infection by practising hygiene, using a mask, and a sanitiser.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Do share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below.