Dates Lollipops/Dates Energy Balls: A Healthy Snack for Kids
Dates Lollipops/Dates Energy Balls can be one of the best dessert or snack options for kids during winter – healthy, sugar-free, gluten-free, full of nutrients, and way too easy to prepare!
Total Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Recipe Servings: 4
20 large dates (pitted)
2 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashew, walnuts, pistachio)
1 tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
Servings /decoration :
Wooden sticks or small straw-like sticks
Dry sweet cherries
1. Roast the nuts without oil in a pan for a few minutes on the stovetop, stirring in between at least twice. Then, set the roasted nuts aside to cool. If you use an oven, microwave the nuts on a microwave-safe tray for about 2 minutes.
2. To the same pan, add ghee and dates. Add fig along with the dates (optional).
Heat them till the dates turn soft.
If using the microwave, grease the tray with ghee (optional). Put dates on the tray and microwave them for about 30 to 60 seconds or until they soften.
3. Now, knead or blend the dates in a blender and set the mixture aside.
You can mix desiccated coconut into the blender while blending.
4. Add nuts to the blender and pulse them coarsely. Alternatively, you can chop them into tiny, rough pieces. Then, mix the dates and the nuts well together.
5. Take small portions in your hand and roll them into balls.
You can then coat the balls in desiccated coconut.
6. For garnishing, take small wooden sticks which you can get from any stationary shop.
First, add dry sweet cherries to the sticks and place the date balls at the top. It will give a lollipop-like look, making them interesting and attractive for children.
Usually, these Lollipops stay good for a few days at room temperature. Hence, you can prepare these and store them in the fridge for 15 to 20 days. They are a great option for edible gifting too.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.