5 Easy New Year’s Resolutions for New Moms
It’s time to welcome the new year and with that comes New Year’s resolutions, which hardly last for a week. Every time, you think that it’s a new year and its time to make a difference, but it turns into a “I’ll start from Monday” which never comes.
Now that you are a new mom, you might think that new year resolutions are a thing of the past or you may worry about not being able to take out time for any of them.
This new year, set some super easy and realistic resolutions for yourself so that you don’t feel guilty around this time next year. Here are some New Year’s resolutions you might want to try.
1. Seek Help: You won’t be considered any less if you seek help. Get your family, friends, and partner involved in taking care of the baby. It is okay if someone else puts the baby to sleep, changes the diaper, or makes a meal. You don’t have to do it all.
2. Involve the Father: Don’t forget that you are a team. Fathers want to be involved in taking care of the baby, but often they don’t know what to do as the mother takes care of everything. Let them calm the baby, give medicine to them, or change the diaper. Slowly, he will be as good as you are in taking care of the baby’s needs. Just be patient and let the magic work.
3. Go Easy on Yourself: Whether you are a working mom or a full-time mom, you don’t need to be a perfect mom. Instead of following the traditional notions of raising kids and exceeding all the expectations, find your comfort zone with the baby. Do what is right for you and your baby. Focus on being a happy mom rather than a perfect mom as a happy mom will be able to raise a happy baby.
4. Get Some ‘Me’ Time: Mothers are always running behind the baby and taking care of the house. Take a break, breathe, and relax. Don’t lose yourself in being the ideal mom and wife. Take out time for yourself. Go to a salon or book an appointment at home. Watch your favourite show or order your favourite food. Dress up even if you are not going out. Do those little things that get you in touch with yourself.
5. Disconnect to Connect: We want to connect with people who are away from us and technology has made it very simple these days. But what about the people present in the room? Keep your phone away and have a real conversation with your family and spend some quality time.
New resolutions cannot be accomplished overnight, so give them some time instead of giving up on them. You don’t even have to make all these resolutions at once. Take baby steps, pick up one thing at a time and slowly you will be able to inculcate all of them in your day-to-day routine.
Have a happy & healthy New Year!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.