Sugar-free Besan Laddoo Recipe for a Healthy Makar Sankranti
- 1 cup besan
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- Jaggery as per taste
- Ground nutmeg (a pinch)
- Almonds or pistachios
- Take a pan, and add the ghee and besan. Keeping the heat low, gently toast the besan flour and stir continuously to avoid burning, and to break the lumps.
- After 10-12 minutes, the flour will start loosening up, and become light and fluffy. Continue roasting for another few minutes, until it turns light golden brown.
- The ghee will now start separating from the mixture, giving an aromatic flavour.
- Turn off the heat. Take out the flour into a bowl and allow it to cool. Add saffron, nutmeg, jaggery, and almonds/pistachios, when it is lukewarm, and mix gently.
- Apply ghee on your palms and start moulding this mix into small round balls.
- Roll the laddoos in pistachios or almond powder if you prefer.
- The besan laddoos are now ready to serve!
- Take a few rose petals and rinse them about 2-3 times.
- Dry them using a cotton cloth.
- Dehydrate the petals in a microwave or oven, and if you prefer them sweetened, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
I hope you have a great time preparing these besan laddoos, which will be an absolute hit, this Makar Sankranti!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.