Like every mother, I had many thoughts running in my mind, from the day I knew that I have you, my baby, in me. The thoughts to keep you happy, make sure you are always comfortable, shape you up to be a good girl, and so on. Finally, the day arrived! After the labour pains and the struggle, I finally brought you out into this world, with the blessings of God and had you beside me. The moment I saw you, I was head over heels in love with you! I had no words to describe how cute and precious you were.
With tears of joy, I remembered my responsibility to teach you your very first lesson – feeding. But to my surprise, even before I showed you, you took your feed like a boss, which became my first lesson from you, that there are a few talents in us right from birth, and it’s up to us to discover them.
As days passed, you made me learn many new things.
- With your sleep and play timings, you taught me to manage my time with smart planning.
- You taught me to be quick enough at tasks like eating, bathing, remembering your feed schedule, etc.
- On your vaccination days, you taught me to control my emotions and to be strong.
- You taught me patience and to be cautious of my surroundings.
- You made me realise what true love is, and how to forget everything that lets me down, with a smile and move on.
- You taught me to stay positive with faith in God in situations that are out of my control.
- If I go back to the day when you introduced yourself to me, (when I saw that faint thin line on the Pregnancy dipstick) you started teaching me many lessons, which life hasn’t taught me all these years.
- Above everything, you made me realise my strength with the labour pains that I bore, to bring you, my angel, into this world.
Thus you became my teacher even before you were born, and before I became yours. Going forward, all I need to do is to keep learning from you and master all that I learn. I am confident that all that you have taught me will make me not only a good mom but also a good human being. I thank God who chose me to be your mother, due to which only you could become my sweet little teacher.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.