Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
10 Ways to Boost Your Child’s Immunity During the COVID 19 Pandemic
Though we have completed approximately 2 months of lockdown, the cases of COVID 19 are spreading at an alarming rate. The sudden news of unlocking is not for going out and enjoying the freedom, instead, it’s time to be more cautious.
As children are confined to smaller spaces and closed in flats of high-rise buildings, they are unable to play outside. Less or zero proper playtime can make children irritated easily, and not getting enough sunlight can weaken their immunity. At this time, we need to pull together and take extra care for everybody especially, kids and seniors.
Below are the ten things we can do to boost the immunity of kids.
1. Eat a healthy diet with fruits, vegetables, and especially add the dry fruits in daily routine.
2. Include spices and herbs like cinnamon, basil leaf, garlic, ginger, honey, clove, turmeric, etc.
3. Increase the liquid intake to approximately 2-3 litre per day. This can be in the form of water, coconut water, lemon juice, milk, and juices.
4. Include homemade or store-bought yoghurt or curd daily in your little one’s lunch.
5. Morning sunlight (7 am to 10 am) is essential for at least 30 minutes and take a good source of vitamin D.
6. The first thing in the morning, take lukewarm water with honey, and before going to bed take warm milk with cinnamon and turmeric.
7. Avoid junk food, sugar, oily food, and refined flour.
8. Ensure your child is getting 10 to 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep every day.
9. Try to play with kids, listing to music, dancing, and exercise.
10. Last but not the least, always change clothes and maintain proper hygiene specifically after going outside for any essential work or necessity, wash hands at proper intervals.
Let’s use this difficult time as a blessing in disguise and engage in activities to keep the body physically and mentally healthy.