Last Updated on
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 500 gms ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 tsp (teaspoon) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 3 tbsps (tablespoons) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 6 strawberries, sliced
Place all the vegetables – tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper in a food processor.
Grind until finely chopped and transfer to a bowl.
Pulse the halved strawberries in the processor until finely chopped.
Add these chopped strawberries to the cucumber mixture and stir to combine.
Separate 1 cup strawberry mixture and keep it aside for later use.
Put rest of the mixture, garlic, and thyme to the food processor and puree it.
Return mixture to the bowl; stir in olive oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, and the reserved 1 cup strawberry mixture.
Cover and chill 4 to 8 hours.
Stir in broth.
Garnish with sliced strawberries.
Serving Size 357.5 g
|Calories||149||Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||7.8 g 12%||Saturated Fat||1.0 g 5%|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g||Sodium||22 mg 1%|
|Potassium||699 mg 20%||Total Carbohydrates||21.2 g 7%|
|Dietary Fiber||4.8 g 19%||Sugars||11.3 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||Vitamin A||35%|
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.