The Twinkle Twinkle Little Star theme is quite famous for baby showers. The gold, ivory, and silver tones of the theme lend an elegant touch to any party. Therefore, whether you’re hosting your very own baby shower or for a loved one, this theme will liven up the ambience and set the mood. Make your loved ones feel special with our list of ideas for twinkle twinkle little star baby shower.
Awesome Ideas to Throw a Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower Invitation Ideas
Before you plan a baby shower party, it’s important you spend some time and thought on the invites. Here are two simple ways you can go about designing them.
- Gender Reveal Invites – If you’re making invitation cards for your twinkle twinkle little star baby shower theme, you can go with gender-reveal invites. Use cardstock paper with a soft, eggshell texture and design the front and back with glitter. For the wordings, you can use cursive fonts and complement them with gold and green tones. Use a 5″ X 7” portrait format and go with high-definition printing for best results.
- White and Navy Blue Designs – You can use white cardstock paper and add the moon in navy blue colour. Decorate the stars with golden glitter and write “Twinkle twinkle little star do you know how loved you are?” for the header. Print it on A6 size and mail it to your guests for a pleasant surprise.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower Decoration Ideas
If you’re planning to DIY your baby shower table decorations, here are a few ways to go about it.
- DIY Balloon Arch – Get a bunch of star string decorations and balloons of assorted colours (get a few red and blue polka dot balloons too). Use a decorating strip and punch holes into it. Blow up the balloons with air and tie up the ends to these holes, making sure you mix and match them. Use double-sided tape and attach the arch of the tape to command hooks on the walls. The other ends of your arch will connect with the decorating strip. Let the strip suspend in the air, and you’ll have coloured balloons facing down at the table.
- Starry Backdrop – If you’re designing a twinkle twinkle little star baby shower backdrop for the food and cake table, here is what you can do. Use 8’ X 3’ metallic curtains in silver, blue, yellow, and metallic tinsels, and hang them behind the table. The DIY Balloon Strip above will go well with the gold-fringe curtains.
- Golden Placemats and Pink Tableware – For the table design and cutlery, you can use golden placemats or placeholders. Complement them with pink cups and white plates to get the gold-and-pink theme going.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower Food and Drink Ideas
Here are a few food and drink ideas for the twinkle twinkle little star baby shower:
- Homemade Muffins – Bake homemade muffins and wrap them in pink polka dot wrappers to make cute desserts. They make for the best twinkle twinkle little star baby shower cupcakes.
- DIY Parfait Bar – You can create a custom DIY Parfait Bar to make a healthy brunch for your guests. Lay out an assortment of freshly cut blueberries, strawberries, and butterscotch oatmeal ice cream on the table for a tasty time.
- Strawberry Mocktails – For the drinks, you can make strawberry mocktails or any pink-coloured beverages to match the theme. Pour them into flute glasses for a classy touch.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower Games and Activities
Twinkle twinkle little star baby shower games will keep guests engaged while you’re busy setting up the tables. Here are some ideas for you:
- Baby Crossword Puzzles – Baby crossword puzzles are great to keep your guests entertained. Make or get themed crosswords. You can also try Sudoku if you’d prefer something else.
- Tic Tac Toe and Bingo – Tic Tac Toe and Bingo are classic baby shower games. Get twinkle twinkle little star baby shower boards for these two games, and your guests are sure to have a blast!
- Baby Word Search – This is a board game where players find hidden characters from a big grid and put them together to make up a certain word or the baby’s name.
- Emoji Pictionary – Emoji Pictionary printables come with modern and fun quizzes. Get one that suits the twinkle twinkle little star baby shower theme. You can get it online for free or buy it from a local arts & crafts store.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower Favours
Baby shower favours are little treats for your guests to make the event memorable for them. Here are a few items you can use for designing your baby shower favours:
- DIY Designer Mugs – Glue or handwrite “‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star How I Wonder What You Are?” text on a polished, white mug and decorate it with stars and golden glitter stickers. It’ll look fabulous!
- Body Butters – Mix extra virgin coconut oil and vanilla extracts in glass jars and gift them to your guests as a lip balm or body butter. Attach a little card with quotes and wishes written inside, and you’re all set.
- Marshmallow Rattles – Grab a few cellophane bags, fun coloured ribbons, sprinkles, and marshmallows. Use sticks to make rattles using the marshmallows and coloured sprinkles. Wrap them using the ribbons and give them to your guests as packs of three inside the cellophane bags for sweet treats after the party.
Additional Ideas for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower
Here are some additional ideas you can take advantage of for your upcoming baby shower. If you’re going with the theme, then these will come handy.
- Moon and Star DIY Decorations – Moon and star DIY decorations can be hung up the ceiling or used as tabletop centrepieces. You can also get some star and moon-shaped magnets and stick them on the fridge. You can decorate your greeting cards and invites with these supplies, too.
- Baby Shower Banners – You can use a Twinkle Twinkle Little Star baby shower banner for your party’s theme. It will enliven the surroundings and glam up the party. When choosing colours, go with light options like pink or sky blue to make it pleasant.
Tips to Consider
If it’s your first time organising a baby shower with this theme, here are a few extra tips that can help you out:
1. Plan Your Buffet
Your baby shower is going to be a feast of a kind since guests will be coming. When you’re laying out the spread for your buffet, take into consideration any food allergies your guests could have. You can add a little footnote on your invites to ask guests to email you in case they have any dietary allergies.
Go for doughnuts, ice cream sandwiches, salads, fruit spreads, and delicious meats. You might also want to have vegan cheese spreads, sugar-free desserts, and low-carb or keto-friendly options on your menu.
2. Design a Few Games
While your guests are busy eating, chatting, and catching up, you want to keep them entertained before the main event comes up. Games are a creative way to spend time together and have fun. If you have any kids coming over, it’s a good time to set aside a few video games. Traditional games like board games, making plain white onesies for your baby, quilting, etc., will keep the adults engaged. But it’s important to keep all age groups in mind.
3. Give It a Personal Touch
Don’t just copy-paste baby shower theme ideas from Pinterest for your baby. Make the decoration your own and play around with the theme. Change the placement of the banners, use star-shaped cutouts or other galaxy elements to really spice things up. Be thoughtful when designing the invites and don’t forget to mention the time, venue, and little details regarding the event.
4. Stick to Your Budget
This is probably the most underrated tip out there. Stick to your budget and plan the party based on what you can afford. Set aside some cash for making the baby shower favours for your guests. You want to make sure they leave happy with fond memories.
5. End With a Photo Shoot
Before the party reaches its climax, make sure you don’t forget a photoshoot. Everybody will want pictures of the baby and family. Get your friends together in the frame and mail pictures to your guests. You can upload digital copies for those who follow you online or cannot attend in-person.
That’s all you need to know when it comes to designing a baby shower with the twinkle twinkle little star theme. These are the basics that will have you covered. If you’re looking for more supplies, you can take inspiration online and visit your local crafts shop to gather the supplies.
Hosting a party won’t break your back, and with a little planning, you’ll find that you can pull off something sweet with a lot of surprises.