Pregnancy is the time to treasure and make good memories. It is a good time to enjoy the privileges of being a mum-to-be. Pregnancy is the most beautiful period in a woman’s life. While pregnant, it is mandatory to be happy & feel joyful, as mother’s emotional well-being directly impacts the baby’s neurological & psychological development. Studies have indicated that happy pregnant women usually deliver a healthy baby.
But how to be happy during pregnancy amid few inconvenient pregnancy symptoms? Channelize your mindset for being happy during pregnancy.
Pregnancy can be very demanding. But there is nothing that can stop us from having fun during these 9 months. Here’s a list of 10 fun activities for pregnant women to do!
10 Fun Activities to do during Pregnancy
- Get Away:
A strong relationship with the husband is the most valuable thing we can give our future children. Before getting really busy, look for some ways to creep in some quality time with your partner. A wholesome and budgeted way of spending time together is planning a picnic. Depending on the weather it is too or wet for a picnic, plan a visit to a museum, art gallery or cultural exhibition where you can spend some time in air-conditioned comfort.
In the recent years, “Babymoon” has become a popular trend. Some of the worldwide resorts are offering special packages for the babymoon. Here are some best tips for your babymoon.
- Choose a Perfect location and time:There are certain restrictions on how far into your pregnancy you can fly and also specific months when you feel much better. The second trimester suits best for the babymoon. Choose a place not so far from your home, and you could get potential medical care easily and quickly.
- Safe Travel: Avoid going on small flights because it makes the body work hard to deliver the correct amounts of oxygen to your entire body and baby. Travelling by car allows for easier access to emergency care and more frequent stops for restroom breaks, stretching, and nausea.
- Travel Insurance: Couples should understand their insurance policy so they can enjoy one last holiday before baby arrives knowing they are covered. It would be wise to look into a travel insurance policy that best fits your needs.
- Stay Hydrated: Pregnant women tend to become dehydrated more quickly than normal. The American Pregnancy Association recommends pregnant women drink eight to 12 glasses of water a day to ensure their amniotic fluid is renewed and breast milk production on track.
- Pamper Yourself:
A list of fun things to do when pregnant and bored is incomplete without mentioning this. Talk to your tummy, henna your belly but make sure that henna is lead-free, get nontoxic paints and go crazy, spend some time in the spa, with sleep or forgotten hobbies. Pick up a book you’ve wanted to read for a long time or a movie you’ve wanted to see, catch up on some smooth music. Baby in the womb responds well to the music and tend to listen to the external world. Enjoy gardening by watching them grow, watering, weeding, watching. Invite your good friends to hang out together now, while you have the energy.
- Searching For Baby Names:
Start searching names for your baby. There are millions of names to choose from and tons of resources out there for you to sieve through. Don’t wait until the last minute and don’t add stress in those last few weeks if you can’t seem to decide.
- Decorating And Designing Nursery:
You can get your nursery in picture-perfect shape during your second trimester. Make sure that your little one sleeps soundly and safely. Colourful toys and decorative items add a playful touch to neutral tones and can easily be updated as your baby gets older.
- Shopping Spree:
Pregnancy comes with its perks – shopping. Shopping for you, Your changing body size is a good excuse for your new outfits. You can buy maternity wear and also something more to have fun. It can be shoes, clutches, jewellery or designer wears to pamper yourself. You can extend your shopping spree by buying one or two items a month. To some time off from your daily routine, plan some shopping with your mom, mother-in-law or friends.
- Photo Memories:
A pregnancy scrapbook album typically covers your entire pregnancy period, when you first discovered that you were pregnant and the day your baby was born. It will be a pleasure to include an account of how mom told dad that she was pregnant, a photo of parents assembling the crib, and photos of when you were decorating the nursery. Embellish your pregnancy scrapbook pages with some special things like messages and/or pictures from some of the congratulations cards. This is the perfect funny pregnancy stuff; you can view this later and cherish it for a lifetime.
- Asking Hubby to Read Your Bump:
Husbands always love to read your bump! He will be very excited to introduce himself to the baby. Sometimes, a baby gives a response by giving a good kick. It would be a very cherishing moment for the guy.
- Do Something Just For You:
Prenatal yoga is the best way to relax or stay fit. Joining a prenatal yoga class allows you to interact with other moms and share tips and get support. Don’t do it just as a hobby but as a wellness initiative. It also helps to prepare your body and mind for the baby.
- Spend Time With Your Mom:
Pregnancy is the momentous time to bond with your mom and mom-in-law. You can take her out for lunch or dinner and talk about pregnancy and parenting. You can ask about her experience with pregnancy and brainstorm on what you need to do during the first few weeks after delivery. Show your recognition by presenting her a thank you gift in advance.
Enjoy your pregnancy by indulging yourself in these physical activities for an active and a healthy baby.
Also Read: Activities to Avoid during Pregnancy