In this Article
Nowadays kids spend too much time in front of television and computers still they are unaware of what’s happening in the world. On television they watch cartoons and if they have mobile phones in their hands or are using a computer, it means some new game is being explored by them. As fun as it may sound, you have to realise that by keeping your child glued to electronic devices, you are making him anti-social and in the long run it would do only harm to him. It is important to let your child explore outdoors. Let him go outside and play with his peers because this way he will learn about new things and have an opinion of his own on every matter.
Therefore, it is critical in today’s world to enhance your child’s awareness of his surroundings. In this increasingly competitive world, any edge that your child can use and will prove fruitful must be developed to ensure they have good prospects in future. One way to help your child be more aware of their surroundings and create opportunities for themselves is by increasing their general knowledge. This can be fun if you have a quiz to help them learn.
But, remember to keep children’s general knowledge quiz questions and answers age appropriate.
GK Question and Answers for Kindergarten and Class 1st Standard Kids (Age – 3 to 6 Years)
As for any child, improving his general knowledge should be a fun exercise that is done in moderation and is suitable for his age group.
For kindergarteners and 1st graders make sure the questions have simple one-word answers. Here are 10 basic GK questions for kids between 3 and 6 years.
1. What colour starts with the letter “G”?
2. What comes after the number 5?
Answer: The number 6
3. During which festival does Santa come to visit?
4. How many fingers do you have in one hand?
Answer: 5 fingers
5. What do you drink that comes from a cow?
6. When is the time for bed?
Answer: Night time.
7. What part of your body lets you see?
Answer: The eyes
8. What animal goes “Moo”?
9. Can you name a word that starts with the letter “C”?
10. What colour are apples?
GK Question and Answers for Class 2nd and 3rd Standard Kids (Age – 4 to 8 Years)
Kids from the 2nd and 3rd grade can be more communicative, so you can work on asking them questions that have sentence long answers.
Here are some fun kids gk quiz questions for kids aged between 4 and 8 years. Be sure they frame sentences while answering, as this will improve their speaking ability.
1. What city is the statue of liberty in?
Answer: The statue of liberty is in New York City
2. Name the first 3 planets in our solar system?
Answer: The first 3 planets in our solar system are mercury, venus, and earth.
3. What is 5 x 5?
Answer: 5 times 5 is 25.
4. Name any reptile?
Answer: A lizard is a reptile.
5. Seoul is the capital of which country?
Answer: Seoul is the capital of South Korea.
6. Name 3 countries on the continent of Africa?
Answer: Senegal, Ghana, and Nigeria are the three countries located on the continent of Africa.
7. Which country are the Giza Pyramids in?
Answer: The Giza Pyramids are in Egypt.
8. Which jungle is the most dense in the world?
Answer: The Amazon is the densest jungle in the world.
9. What language do the people of Japan speak?
Answer: The people of Japan speak Japanese.
10. Who was Albert Einstein?
Answer: Albert Einstein was a famous scientist.
GK Question and Answers for Class 4th, 5th, and 6th Standard Children (Age – 9 to 12 Years)
Simple GK questions for kids between 9 and 12 years of age may make them lose interest. To keep their interest intact, make the quiz more competitive, fun, and challenging.
So, you know your kids at this age want to be challenged. Here are 15 such questions that you can ask them:
1. Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India.
2. How many Cricket world cups does India have?
Answer: India has two cricket world cups.
3. Name 3 root vegetables?
Answer: Beets, carrots, and radish are root vegetables.
4. What colour symbolises peace?
Answer: The colour white symbolises peace.
5. Who wrote Romeo and Juliet?
Answer: William Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet.
6. What crop is famously grown in the region of Darjeeling?
Answer: The region of Darjeeling is known to grow Tea leaves.
7. What islands are a part of the country of India?
Answer: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep Islands belong to India.
8. Who was George Washington?
Answer: George Washington was the first president of the United States of America.
9. Which president of the USA is responsible for the Emancipation Proclamation?
Answer: Abraham Lincoln is responsible for the Emancipation Proclamation.
10. Which African nation is famous for chocolate?
Answer: The nation of Ghana is world famous for chocolate.
11. What is King Arthur’s sword called?
Answer: King Arthur’s sword was called Excalibur.
12. Who is the founder of Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft.
13. Which country does the company Sony come from?
Answer: Sony comes from the nation of Japan.
14. In which direction does the sun rise?
Answer: The sun rises from the east.
15. Who was Margaret Thatcher?
Answer: Margaret Thatcher was a former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
These were some interesting and challenging quiz questions for your kids. Developing general knowledge of your child is important. Of course, in the beginning, they will make mistakes and give wrong answers. But that’s okay! Do not force your kids to answer questions if they are not in the mood of answering and don’t punish them for incorrect answers. Make the quiz fun and entertaining and let them learn.