Last Updated on
Scrambled egg for babies is one of the easiest and best foods for baby-led weaning. For a child who is weaning, it can be great finger food. It could also serve as a snack for older kids. Eggs have a high protein content, so this is an ideal choice for kids. They are soft and easy to chew, so even a small baby can easily feed himself/herself with this. You could also add veggies to this recipe to make it tastier and colourful and also more nutritious. We have used yoghurt and cheese in this recipe, but if you are trying a dairy-free diet for your little one, you can easily omit them. These scrambled eggs taste good with rotis and parathas, so you could make it for the entire family as well. A recipe power-packed with nutrition, this can be the best breakfast you can offer to your child every day.
Video: Scrambled Egg Recipe for Babies and Toddlers
Type of Meal
Any baby above 12 months of age
Main dish/ Side dish
|Ingredients||Quantity and Volume|
|Pepper powder||1 pinch|
|Spinach||2 tbsp cut into small parts|
|Cheddar cheese||1 tbsp grated|
|Olive oil||1 tsp|
|Salt||1 pinch (optional)|
Below is the step by step procedure to make these delicious and healthy scrambled eggs. You can adjust the proportions and timings based on the number of eggs you use and how many servings you need to make.
- In a mixing bowl, take the egg, curd, and pepper powder and beat it vigorously.
- Add the spinach and cheese, and give it a stir.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and pour in the egg mix, stirring continuously.
- Keep stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula till the eggs do not appear raw or liquid-like for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve them with wholemeal toast.
This is an easy scrambled eggs recipe for a baby which can be served as a main dish to infants and as a side dish to toddlers.
- Make sure you check your kids’ allergies before feeding him eggs.
- You may add grated carrots to this recipe.
- Do not forget to stir frequently. It also tends to stick to the bottom of the pan so keep an eye on that.
- You could add tomatoes to this, to do so, first blanch them by boiling water in a pan and then drop the tomato in it for a minute. Then, let it cool and peel off the skin and chop the flesh. Cook it first before adding the eggs.
- Use only egg yolks for babies less than 1-year-old and do not add dairy products.
- Do not add salt for babies less than 1 year of age.
- Make sure you check for any kind of allergy from the eggs. You may try changing the type of egg if you notice any kind of allergy. It is, however, best to consult your paediatrician in such cases.
Nutrition Information (per 100 grams)
|Vit D||1 mcg|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
Note: Percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This homemade Scrambled eggs baby food recipe is a must-try if you are weaning your child. A wholesome food, it is also quite yummy and most kids are going to love it.
- Packed with vitamins, calcium and zinc, eggs are one of the healthiest food on the planet and a portion of essential food for the good development of a growing child.
- It raises good cholesterol.
- It has choline, a very important nutrient which supports in building cell membranes.
- Buy free-range eggs as they are the most nutritious ones. You must also check their sell-by dates to make sure they are not too old.
- Buy organic vegetables to steer clear of toxins.
This recipe on how to make scrambled eggs can be done in less than 10 minutes and is a powerhouse of nutrients.