Last Updated on
Ladoos are balls of sweetness which anyone enjoys, be it a baby or an adult. Multigrain ladoos for babies are a more nutritious version of the famous besan ka ladoos. The power of multigrain lies in the variety of flours being used and how each of them has its distinctive health benefits. You can either buy the multigrain ready made flour or make your own by freshly grinding grains and pulses of your choice. You can blend up to 21 grains in one batch of ladoos. This recipe is free from milk; hence can be excellent food while travelling as it will stay fresh longer.
Type of Meal
Any toddler above 20 months
|Ingredients||Quantity and Volume|
|Multigrain flour||1 cup|
|Grated jaggery||¾ cup|
|Edible gum||1.5 tbsp|
|Desiccated coconut||2 tbsp|
|Almonds||Five chopped and coarsely ground|
|Cashews||Five chopped and coarsely ground|
|Pista||Five chopped and coarsely ground|
|Cardamom powder||¼ tsp|
The step by step procedure to prepare Multigrain ladoos is presented below. There could be other ingredients that can be added, or some might be removed based on individual choice and the kind of diet you want to follow for your little one.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and dry roast desiccated coconut powder till it gives out aroma. Keep it aside in another bowl.
- Heat ghee in the same pan and put the edible gum. Heat it till it is thoroughly cooked, it would increase in size once done.
- Take out the edible glue and keep it aside.
- Now in the same pan which has residual ghee, mix multigrain flour and cardamom powder. Roast it till its slightly brown and gives out aroma.
- Once the flour is roasted, add the edible gum, dry fruits powder, and desiccated coconut and stir the whole mix. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the content to a mixing bowl and add jaggery. Mix the whole thing with fingertips
- Take a little amount of the mix and form a ball shape out of it. Do the same with the rest of the mix.
- Store them in an airtight container
This easy Multigrain ladoos recipe will surely be a hit with your munchkin. The sweetness and goodness of jaggery enhances its nutrient as well as taste quotient.
- Though using readymade multigrain flour is the easiest option, one can always add flours of different varieties like millet flour, jowar flour, wheat flour, Sattu mavu as well as pulses to make this more wholesome and tailor-made.
- Breakdown the edible gum quickly after it’s heated or else they might stick to each other.
- Work on the mix immediately after roasting the flour as the ladoos stick well only if made while flour is still hot.
Nutrition Information (Per ladoo)
|Vit A||112 mcg|
|Vit B1||0.1 mg|
|Vit B3||0.8 mg|
|Folic acid||4.8 mcg|
This home-made Multigrain ladoos baby food recipe is something that would give nutrition to your little one and at the same time is delicious too.
- These ladoos are rich in protein and very energizing.
- Depending on which flours you mix, you get additional benefits. Bajra is high in magnesium and Ragi has a lot of calcium in it.
- Whichever grain you take or if you buy readymade flour, all will have a lot of fibre in it for aiding digestion.
- Jaggery in this recipe is good for constipation and has zinc and selenium in it.
- Preferably buy organic ingredients.
- When you buy jaggery look for dark-coloured ones as they are aged and have very fewer impurities.
- Make sure that the ingredients that you buy are hygienically packed.
We hope this guide on how to make Multigrain ladoos is something you would try and be surprised by how soon it disappears and melts in the mouth of your tiny tot!