Mangoes are loved by all, be it kids or adults. The juicy mango is the best retreat from the hot summers for adults and kids alike. This fruit not only hydrates the body but its rich taste has the power to soothe the taste buds. Also, the health benefits associated with mangoes can’t be ignored. Whether you eat it or gulp down in the form of mango shake, either way, it tastes delicious.
Benefits of Mango Fruit for Children
Is mango good for kids? The answer to this is yes. It is a powerhouse of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. Moreover, it has antioxidant properties that make it the best choice to eat it in summers. To get an insight into more of the benefits, read on.
1. Enhanced Vision
Owing to the fact that kids are in a development stage, giving them food that enhances their vision becomes necessary. And, what could be better than the juicy mango? Kids are choosy and may refuse to eat vegetables, but they will never refuse mango, which is rich in Vitamin A. This source of vitamin A can thus help in averting night blindness, softening of the cornea, and reducing the aridness in the eyes.
2. Sharpened Memory
Mangoes are rich in Glutamine acid which acts as a memory booster. When you include mangoes in your kid’s daily diet, you ensure that they stay active and grab on the learning skills quickly.
3. Improves the Health of the Skin
All parents want that their child’s skin should be soft and smooth. But the secret behind it is keeping your kid hydrated. Eating mangoes keep a child’s skin healthy and radiant. Applying mango pulp also unclogs blocked pores.
4. Reduces Chances of Anaemia
As a matter of fact, mangoes are rich in iron. And, iron is a necessary mineral that helps boost the production of red blood cells. Therefore, serving your kids mangoes can help reduce the chances of developing anaemia, where the blood lacks an appropriate number of red blood cells.
5. Promotes Healthy Weight
Kids require the right amount of nutrients and vitamins to gain healthy weight. If your child is not gaining adequate weight, you can include mango in his diet. You can give him mango shake regularly, it tastes good and will also help kids to stay strong and healthy.
6. Boosts Digestion
Mangoes are known to be a rich source of digestive enzymes that, in turn, help in breaking down of proteins. This boosted process further leads to better digestion in kids. Also, as an added benefit, mangoes thwart acidity or other digestive disorders that occur commonly in kids.
7. Averts the Risk of Cancer
Mangoes are found to be rich in pectin, the dietary fibre that reduces the chances of developing cancer associated with the gastrointestinal tracts. Including mangoes in the regular diet plan of your kids thus becomes important as it will keep them away from serious diseases such as cancer.
8. Enhances Immunity
Mangoes are a rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Also, mangoes have been a good source of different types of carotenoids that help in maintaining a healthy immune system. The antioxidant properties help in preventing the microbial attacks, thus automatically boosting immunity gradually,
Easy Mango Recipes for Kids
Wondering how to add the nutritious mango to your kid’s diet? Read the following mango dishes for kids to get a clear idea.
1. Mango Shake
Mango shake not only hydrates the body but also tastes delicious.
- Finely cut fresh mango
- Sugar to taste
- A glass full of milk
- Ice cubes if necessary
- Mix finely cut mango, sugar, and milk in a big bowl.
- Use a blender to mix it well.
- Keep it blending until it turns into a complete liquid.
- Add ice cubes if needed and serve it chilled to your kids.
2. Mango Grape Smoothie
This mango smoothie for kids is a blend of grapes and mangoes and can do miracles. Not only will it taste good but offers the best of health benefits.
- 1 chopped mango
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ a cup water
- Sugar to taste
- 2 Peppermint leaves
- Mix mangos and grapes in a bowl and blend them well till the mixture turns into a viscous liquid form.
- In another bowl add lemon juice, water, sugar, and peppermint and mix well.
- Pour the mix into a glass and sizzle it with the mixture of sugar and peppermint.
- Add ice cubes if needed and serve to your kids.
3. Mango Cake
The sweetness and the flavour of mangoes in a cake make it the best recipe to experiment.
- 1 cup flour
- Sugar to taste
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 pasteurized eggs
- 2 mangoes
- Extract the mango pulp and keep it aside in a deep bowl.
- Add sugar and whipped cream to the mango pulp and beat it well with the blender.
- Add eggs to the mixture and again beat it well.
- Now add the baking powder and the flour and mix it well till all of it blends together.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased micro oven safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for about 10 minutes approximately.
- Check after the oven beeps, and if the cake is not set, microwave it for another 4-5 minutes.
- Let it cool once ready and serve it to your kids.
4. Mango and Yogurt Mix Popsicles
This is a must try mango dish for kids as they would enjoy it wholeheartedly for its rich taste.
- 1 cup of curd
- 1 cup of finely blended mango
- Sugar to taste
- ½ a tablespoon of vanilla essence
- Mix everything in a bowl and blend it well till it forms a smooth paste.
- Fill the plastic popsicle moulds with the blended paste content.
- Keep the filled moulds in the freezer and leave it overnight.
- Insert ice cream sticks through it when you notice that the popsicle has started to become firm.
- Freeze for about another few hours and serve it to your kids when they come back from school.
5. Sumptuous Mango Salad
These are the easiest mango snacks for kids. This recipe requires the least of the efforts but provides the best of the results.
- 2-3 fresh and peeled mangoes
- A lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Chilli powder (optional)
- Peel and chop the mangoes and place them in a deep bowl.
- Mix salt, pepper, chilli powder, and lemon in another bowl.
- Now mix the prepared mixture with the mangoes and serve it to your kid.
As you are aware of the health benefits of mangoes, why don’t you try these recipes? Try them today but do remember to not add artificial sugar.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Apples for Kids