Best Republic Day Quotes, Wishes and Messages to Share With Your Dear Ones
Republic Day, which is celebrated on 26th January every year, holds a special place in the hearts of Indians. It marks the day when the Constitution of India came into effect (26th January 1950), and India was officially declared a sovereign democratic republic. This national holiday is celebrated enthusiastically across India, with magnificent parades in Delhi by the Army, Air Force, Navy, Police and Paramilitary Forces of India. The country also displays its defence prowess by showcasing the latest aircrafts, weaponry and missiles. This day celebrates the rich heritage of India and the beauty of all its states, and the citizens dress up in traditional attire, distribute sweets and salute the Indian flag, singing the national anthem. Republic Day 26th January quotes and 26th January wishes teach children to respect the country and play a significant part in the day’s celebration. Below are some Republic Day wishes, quotes and messages to send to your loved ones in honour of this day!
Inspirational Republic Day Quotes
Here are some inspirational Republic Day quotes to send to your friends and family, or even share with kids!
1. “A country’s greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race.”
– By Sarojini Naidu
2. “Patriotism is religion and religion is love for India.”- By Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
3. “If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the motherland.” – By Chandrashekhar Azad
4. “We believe in peace and peaceful development, not only for ourselves but for people all over the world. ”
– By Lal Bahadur Shastri
5. “Democracy means nothing if people are not able to work the democracy for the common good.”
– By Chandra Bhushan
6. “Freedom is not given, it is taken.” – By Netaji Subash Chandra Bose
7. “Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian.”
– By Sardar Patel
8. “Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it.” – By Bal Gangadhar TilakBy
9. “If there is one place on the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.” – By Romain Rolland
10. “Behold, a republic standing erect while empires all around are bowed beneath the weight of their own armaments, a republic whose flag is loved while other flags are only feared.” – By William Jennings Bryan
11. “Long years ago, we made a tryst with destiny and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.”- By Jawaharlal Nehru
12. “We are Indians, firstly and lastly.” – By B. R. Ambedkar
13. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”- By Mahatma Gandhi
14. “Let new India arise out of peasants cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper.”
– By Swami Vivekananda
15. “A man’s feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world. ”- By George Santayana
16. “Citizenship consists in the service of the country.” – By Jawaharlal Nehru
17. “Let us together commence a journey of peace, harmony and progress in South Asia.” – By Atal Behari Vajpayee
18. “India has two million gods, and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers; India is the only millionaire. ” – By Mark Twain
19. “Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high. Where knowledge is free. Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by domestic walls. Where words come out from the depth of truth. Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection. Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit. Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action. Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.” – By Rabindranath Tagore
20. “On what rests the hope of the republic? One country, one language, one flag!” – By Alexander Henry
21. “I think patriotism is like charity – it begins at home.” – By Henry James
22. “India has no dearth of brave young men and women, and if they get the opportunity and help, then we can compete with other nations in space exploration and one of them will fulfil her dreams.”- By Atal Behari Vajpayee
23. “In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence, which in another age and climate had pondered and, thus, disposed of the questions that exercise us.” – By Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “Bombs and pistols do not make revolution. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting stone of ideas.” – By Bhagat Singh
25. “Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.” – By Mahatma Gandhi
26. “A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.”
– By B. R. Ambedkar
27. “Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian.”
–By Sardar Patel
Best Republic Day Wishes and Messages
Wish your loved ones Happy Republic Day with meaningful messages. Here are some Republic Day messages, as well as wishes for your Republic Day Whatsapp status or social media!
1. One nation, one vision, one identity
“no nation is perfect, it needs to be made perfect.”
Meri pehchaan, mera India.
Happy Republic Day!
2. India is the song we must sing. India is the dream we must realize. Happy Republic Day!
3. Rejoice in the glory of the nation and remember the supreme sacrifices of our freedom fighters. Happy Republic Day!
4. Happy Republic Day. Let’s be united by heart and soul. Don’t ever allow anyone to break us!
5. We salute the tri-colour flag and people, citizens and army, who keep safe the flag and pride of our nation. Happy Republic Day!
7. The world will respect us if we keep our heads high and take pride in the fact that we are Indians. Happy Republic Day!
9. Have lots of fun and enjoy your freedom, but also spare a thought for the numerous sacrifices made by our freedom fighters. Happy Republic Day!
10. I am proud to be an Indian and respect the culture of my country. Happy Republic Day!
11. On Republic Day, let’s hope for the magic wand to work miracles by the turn of the night.
May our dream of a new tomorrow come true for us.
Happy Republic Day!
13. Our identity should be ‘Indian’ and not any caste or religion. Be a proud Indian. Happy Republic Day!
14. Never forget the heroes
Who sacrificed their lives
To bring this glorious day to India,
Happy Republic Day!
15. Freedom in the mind,
Strength in the words,
Pureness in our blood,
Pride in our souls,
Zeal in our hearts,
Let’s salute our India on Republic Day.
16. Happy Republic Day! Let us bow our heads in gratitude and respect for the numerous sacrifices our freedom fighters made for us.
18. Let’s make Independence Day and Republic Day the biggest festivals of India for every religion and caste. Happy Republic Day!
19. We are one of the biggest nations in the world. Let’s celebrate 26th January with same euphoria. Happy Republic Day!
20. No country is perfect, its citizens make it perfect. Our country needs citizens like Gandhi, Bose and Bhagat once again. Happy Republic Day!
21. It’s 26th January today,
The historical day to remember our national heroes and freedom fighters,
Who gave us a republic nation.
Happy 26th January, Happy Republic Day!
22. Three rounds of applause for India, Hip hip Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray! Happy Republic Day!
25. Great Republic Day wishes to you. Let’s celebrate the day with zeal and enthusiasm!
26. On this day, let’s promise to make the country better by following our ethos and paying tribute to our freedom fighters and soldiers. Happy Republic Day!
27. This say reminds us of our freedom of thought and speech, our strength in unity and patience, and makes us feel proud of our heritage. Have a wonderful Republic Day!
With Republic Day just around the corner, it is time to gear up for a patriotic and fun-filled time. Send your near and dear ones Republic Day messages and quotes, and remember all the hard work of our freedom fighters and politicians to have reached this time!