Stepfathers may not be related to their kids by blood. Stepdad sayings remind people that blood is not everything. Be it any day or a special one, share these best stepdad quotes from son and daughter on cards, Instagram, Facebook- wherever you wish.
Sweet Quotes for a Step Father
Raising children is no easy task. And someone who is not related by blood deserves all the praise and applause. It takes courage, compassion and commitment to be a stepdad. Read on to find a collection of inspirational, witty, Father’s day quotes for stepdads and funny stepdad quotes to make them feel loved.
- “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.” — Wade Boggs.
- “Having kids does not make you a father. Raising them does.” — Unknown.
- “No man stands taller than when he stoops to help a child.” — Abraham Lincoln.
- “Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad” — Anne Geddes.
- “When someone takes you on as their own when you’re not biologically their own, I think is really special … [My stepdad] didn’t have to raise me. Like, he wanted to.” — Jonathan Van Ness.
- “ It does not matter who my father was. It matters who I remember he was” — Anne Sexton.
- “My Stepdad may not have given me life, but he sure has made my life better.” – Gerardo Campbell.
- “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” — Tom Wolfe.
- “It takes a strong man to accept somebody else’s children and step up to the plate another man left on the table.” — Ray Johnson.
- “Looking’ back all I can say about all the things he did for me is, I hope I’m at least half the dad that he didn’t have to be.” — Brad Paisley.
- “Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather augment a child’s life experience.” — Azriel Johnson.
- “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons”. – Johann Schiller.
- “He never treated me like I was a package deal — something or someone he would have to accept if he wanted my mom in his life. I wasn’t a burden in his eyes, I was a bonus.” — Ashley Stock.
- “Fatherhood requires love, not DNA”. — Unknown.
- “We aren’t ‘step,’ we aren’t ‘half,’ we’re just family.” — Unknown.
- “A stepparent is so much more than just a parent; they made the choice to love when they didn’t have to.” – Unknown.
- “A real man takes care of his kids no matter what the relationship is like with the mother of the child.” — Unknown.
- “Stepparents can be awesome because their love is a choice” — Unknown.
- “A Step Father means so many things… an understanding heart, a source of strength and of support, right from the very start.” — Unknown.
- “A step-parent doesn’t just marry a spouse: they marry their spouse’s entire situation. They have to find a balance between supporting and defending without overstepping visible and invisible boundaries.” — Unknown.
- “A good stepparent can literally turn the life of a child around.” – Unknown.
- “Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love.” – Dave Willis.
- “Any man can help make a child, but it takes a special man to help raise a child.” — Tony Gaskin.
- “The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” — Nathaniel Branden.
- “Stepfathers are no less than those of blood: The spirit is more comely than the flesh. Fathers are defined by how they love and not by how they multiply or breed.” — Anonymous.
- “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” — Barack Obama.
- “Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy.
- “Stepparenting is like working at a late-night convenience store. . . all of the responsibility and none of the authority.” — Valerie J. Lewis Coleman.
- “My mom is my heart. But my stepdad was my role model, the hardest working man I ever knew.” — Brian Urlacher.
- “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” — Justin Ricklefs.
- “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” — Matthew L. Jacobson.
- “For better or worse, step-parenting is self-conscious parenting. You’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.” — Unknown.
- “A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.” — Unknown.
- “Being a stepparent is a rough job. But going to bed every night knowing that you are loved by kids who aren’t biologically yours is a great feeling.” — Unknown.
- “Becoming a father is a challenge to any man’s psyche and there is a fundamental reorganization that you cannot avoid when you begin this journey.” — Bruce Linton.
It is important to recognise that the role of a stepdad is nor replacing a father but building a whole new role to fit in the dynamics of the family. And appreciating a stepfather for all his love and support can help increase his bond with the family, and make it all the more easier!
Also Read: Effective Tips for Becoming a Step Father