Green Puree (boiled Brocolli + spinach + peas)
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Tme|
|4 People||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 250g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 5-6 spinach leaves, washed and chopped
Heat butter in a pan.
Sauté the onion in the butter, just until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the potato, pour over the vegetable stock or water.
Cover and bring to the boil, cook for 10 minutes.
Add the green vegetables- broccoli florets, fresh or thawed frozen peas and spinach and cook for 6 minutes.
After all the vegetables have softened, remove from flame.
Allow to cool a little, puree in a food grinder.
Serving Size 26.9 g
|Calories||67||Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5g 10%||Trans Fat||0.0g|
|Cholesterol||0mg 0%||Sodium||7mg 0%|
|Potassium||78mg 2%||Total Carbohydrates||2.2g 1%|
|Dietary Fiber||0.8g 3%||Sugars||0.7g|
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet .
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
- To reduce the gas producing properties of brocolli, try adding some raw, peeled ginger to the pot as you cook the dish and remove it before blending.
- Alternatively, add a little ground ginger to the cooked puree. Ginger can do wonders in aiding digestion!
- Another tip that can help is to avoid using the broccoli stems – the dark green florets are more nutritious anyway!