In this Article
Cinnamon has been a well-known and beloved spice for centuries as it adds the most delicious flavour to a dish. It can be used in multiple dishes and is a spice that can be found in every kitchen around the world. Cinnamon is known to help with anti-clotting, anti-microbial activity, blood sugar control, infertility and its scent is known to improve brain function.
How Does Cinnamon Affect Fertility
The benefits of cinnamon for boosting fertility in men and women are as follows:
1. In Men
According to Chinese medication, cinnamon being warm is able to improve the blood flow in the pelvis and is also capable of increasing the sperm count of a man.
2. In Women
For women, PCOS is one of the most common causes of infertility as cysts grow in the ovaries, thus resulting in low fertility and irregular menstrual cycles. Cinnamon boosts fertility in women as it deals with uterine fibroids, PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome), improving weight loss and even helping to regulate normal menstrual flow.
How To Use Cinnamon For Fertility
Cinnamon can be used for fertility in the following ways:
- Ground cinnamon and taken with your meals.
- Cinnamon tea is an excellent way to ingest the healing spice, especially if taken with honey.
- Can be taken in the form of cinnamon spice supplements.
Recommended Daily Dosage Of Cinnamon Supplements
Women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes who want to take the dark bark powder should take one capsule three times a day. If consuming the powder, one teaspoon (3g) should be taken daily. Those who prefer to take the tincture 45 to 115 drops (2 to 4 ml) should be taken in water every day.
How Long Should You Take Cinnamon For Positive Results
If you want to treat infertility with cinnamon, you should take 1,500 milligrams every day for 6 months, and you will see a difference in your menstrual cycle. You can also sprinkle some freshly ground cinnamon onto your food every morning, or you can take a daily dose of honey and cinnamon to conceive. Other foods such as whole milk have great benefits for fertility, so a cinnamon and milk fertility treatment are beneficial for those who like to add milk in their diet; you can even turn it into cinnamon ice cream and make it a delicious treat that also acts as medication for your infertility.
Tips And Precautions
Below are some precautions to keep in mind while taking cinnamon for fertility.
- Cinnamon acts as a mild blood thinner, thus it is best avoided if you are on any blood thinning medication
- If you are either pregnant or lactating, you should avoid taking cinnamon supplements
- Cinnamon should not be had with candy, mints or gum as it may cause inflammation and can cause ulcers in the oral cavity, leading all the way down the throat.
- Avoid cinnamon if you have ulcers
- Speak to your doctor if you want to take cinnamon to lower your insulin resistance
- High doses of cinnamon can damage your digestive tracts mucosal lining so it should be avoided
- Cassia or Chinese cinnamon causes coagulation of blood if taken over a long period of time. Kidney and liver damage are the other possible side effects. Ceylon Cinnamon is the best type to have for infertility.
As we have seen, cinnamon is not just a delicious spice, but it has amazing benefits to one’s health. While cinnamon is mainly responsible for regulating normal menstrual cycles, it also helps in fighting the various reasons which are responsible for causing infertility in women such as type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, glucose intolerance and endometrial cancer. Rather than trying out yet another over the counter medication, speak to your doctor about introducing cinnamon supplements or go ahead and add more of the magical spice to your dishes while preparing your meals. The benefits that cinnamon will have on you and your partner are hard to ignore if taken in moderation.
Also Read: Top 12 Herbs to Boost Fertility