Eating the right kind of food can help boost your fertility. If you are planning to start a family, read on to learn about food choices which may help you on your journey to parenthood.
Eating the right kind of food can help boost your immune system and increase your chances of getting pregnant. So, if you have been trying to conceive for a while but haven’t had much luck, you may want to check out some of the best foods to eat while trying to get pregnant. Here’s a list of some of the foods that would prove to be beneficial while planning for a baby:
Top 10 Healthy Foods for Getting Pregnant
Some women have a harder time in getting pregnant than others. If you have been trying, unsuccessfully, to conceive, then you may want to consider consuming some of the best food for pregnancy. These foods have the potential to correct hormonal imbalances in the body, provide it with essential nutrients, and also give it a much-needed fertility boost.
Here are some of the top fertility boosting foods:
1. Green leafy vegetables – When it comes to fertility boosting foods, green leafy vegetables rank right at the very top. They are rich in Iron, Folic acid, and antioxidants. You need to make green leafy vegetables a part of your daily regimen because they also help to build a strong endometrial lining and help in attaching the zygote to the uterus.
2. Cabbage – Cabbage is yet another super food as it provides your body with essential vitamins and minerals, and its di-indole methane content helps you to regulate your oestrogen metabolism. Cabbage also helps prevent the formation of fibroids and prevents endometriosis too (a disorder of the tissue that lines the uterus).
3. Broccoli – Broccoli ranks quite high among the foods recommended for fertility since it is rich in Vitamin C, which assists in the maturation of eggs as well as in the ovulation process. In addition, Broccoli is a super food since it is rich in Iron, Folic acid and antioxidants along with providing your body with essential plant proteins. Apart from this, consuming broccoli also enables you to increase the level of iron in your body which helps prevent postpartum anaemia.
4. Potatoes – Even the humble potatoes are considered to be one of the foods that help boost fertility, for they help increase cell division in your body and even increase the chance of a healthy ovum. Apart from this, a regular diet of potatoes can provide your body with the essential nutrients as well as vitamins like B and E.
5. Citrus fruits– If you are trying to get pregnant, then you may want to start consuming more citrus fruits since they contain large amounts of vitamin C which helps facilitate the release of eggs from the ovaries. You can opt to make fresh orange juice and drink the same each day when trying to get pregnant.
6. Banana– A regular menstrual cycle can help boost your fertility and increase your chances of conception by offering a well-marked fertile period during which you can have intercourse. Consuming bananas, which are loaded with vitamin B6, can help regulate your menstrual cycles. Apart from this, bananas also help provide your body with essential nutrients and vitamins and are low in fat, thereby making them a healthy snack. A versatile option, bananas taste delectable in milk shakes, ice-cream sundaes, peanut butter sandwiches, and even by themselves.
7. Pineapple – When it comes to super foods which help prepare you for pregnancy, pineapple hogs the limelight because it contains an extraordinary amount of Manganese, which is a reproductive mineral. Pineapple helps boost the reproductive hormones in your body. You can either cut the pineapple into small pieces and eat it raw or blend it and drink the mixture.
8. Salmon – Wild salmon, a popular and readily available fish, is something you may consider consuming on a regular basis if you are a non-vegetarian and are trying to get pregnant. Salmon is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which in turn can help boost the reproductive hormones in your body. Wild salmon is preferable as it can help regulate oestrogen imbalance as well as increase blood flow to your reproductive organs.
9. Complex carbs – Complex carbs are an important macronutrient and are loaded with essential fats, vitamins and minerals. The reason why complex carbs like whole wheat bread and oatmeal are fertility boosting foods is that they are very effective in regulating your blood sugar level. A regular intake of complex carbs can prevent a spike in your insulin levels which can be disruptive to your reproductive hormones. Thus, if you are trying to get pregnant, you should include complex carbs in your diet. since and, they are also recommended by most weight loss programs. Maintaining a healthy weight is conducive to conceiving faster as obesity has been linked to lowered fertility.
10. Colourful fruits and vegetables – When you are trying to get pregnant, you may want to include red and yellow bell pepper, pumpkin, kale, and other vegetables of all hues in your diet. These vegetables are loaded with phytonutrients along with plant compounds and vitamins which can help boost your fertility. T also. This is why you need to make these vegetables and fruits a part of your daily diet. Remember, the richer in colour the vegetable is, the higher the amount of phytonutrients it contains. You can opt to include them with your penne pasta, make them into smoothies, or just toss them around with olive oil and fry them.
These are some of the foods which can increase your chances of getting pregnant. Remember that a regular healthy diet not only aids conception but also ensures the development and growth of a healthy baby. So, if you and your partner are planning to start a family, it may be time to take a closer look at your diet and alter it to include foods which boost the production of fertility hormones and improve your general health. Combine the optimum diet with advice from a fertility specialist to improve your chances.