Preparing Home and Making Up Baby’s Room to Welcome the Arrival of Newborn
It’s exciting and worth the wait when your due date approaches. However a week before your delivery it is important you clean your house well for your little ones arrival:
For clean and hygienic home:
- Vacuum carpets: carpets have lot of dust and dust mites in it which can’t be seen. Brushing only removes part of it. So it’s crucial you vacuum all carpets at home so that they are clean
- Wash all mats: machine friendly mats need to be washed to remove dirt and debris from it
- Dry clean or wash all curtains: curtains have dust in it as we don’t wash them regularly. Before your newborns arrival wash and dry them well. Iron and hang them
- Wash all baby clothes before placing in hospital bag: it’s important to wash baby’s clothes before making them wear as it’s hygienic. Use baby detergents such as memee and after wash comfort for the same.
- Clean balconies and bathroom: to get rid of dust and moulds which accumulates.
- Install crib: see that the crib is installed well and recommended mattress is purchased for the same.
- Wash all bed sheets and bed linens: it’s very important to keep this hygienic as baby’s sleep most of the time in this area. Proper hygiene followed for the same will prevent baby from falling sick. Even after baby’s arrival it’s recommended that the sheets be changed at least once a week.
- Keep baby’s cupboard ready: This is to place baby’s clothes and items. It will make it easy to find them when needed.
- Purchase a comfortable chair to breastfeed: it’s important to have a comfortable chair while breastfeeding and to maintain a good position to avoid back and neck problems. Prop them up with cushions as per your need.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.