How a Father Can Support New Mom in Her New Phase
Only mothers themselves are aware of the feelings associated with motherhood. When a woman becomes a mother, she begins taking care of her child as soon as the baby is born, as though she has been doing this for years. The family still believes that my daughter-in-law will manage the baby and housework at the same time, as is customary. Why don’t people believe that the dad’s phase began at the same time as the mom’s?
A father can help a new mom in so many ways-
• He can bring or make food for his wife when she is busy breastfeeding a baby. This will satisfy a mom so much.
• As burping just after breastfeeding is very crucial for newborn, a dad can help with that process.
• As this phase is new for mom, she might sometimes feel low. A dad can encourage and appreciate mom by simply saying that ” You are doing an amazing job.”
• Since the baby feels bonded to the mother from the womb, only a mother is needed. This makes it challenging for a dad to comfort a weeping baby. A dad can assist a mother in this situation by holding the infant close to his skin to ensure that the child is comfortable and content.
• The infant can be bathed by the father, allowing the mother to take a nap.
• A father can a massage the infant. Many people believe that a man cannot properly perform this task because it is a woman’s job. If so, I would call this a “myth.”
• A mother must take care of the necessities as well as what is in the the kitchen or not. Dad can help her by having supplies on hand.
• A father can entertain a the baby by playing with him or her.
• A father can lull his child to sleep by singing. Again, this is a challenging task since only if mom sings does the infant feel more attached to lullabies. But a little assistance from dad can calm Mom
• A newborn baby can visualise black-and-white images, enabling dad to read books to the child.
• The 24-hour-a-day job is changing nappies or langots. So that the mom can sleep stress-free at night, a dad can change diapers.
• Dad can spoil and surprise mum to make her feel wonderful
• Let mom sleep a little extra as mom gives her whole day to the child
A small help from a dad decreases the stress on the mom. Now a mom can feel that she is not alone. Always keep in mind a child’s responsibility is not of one person.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.