During pregnancy, you will receive advice from everyone around you, regarding what to eat, what to do, etc. Healthy eating is always important especially when you’re pregnant. So, make sure your calories come from nutrious food that will contribute to the growth and development of the baby. Overall, you should aim for a healthy and balanced diet, with positive thoughts and environment. Here are some health and nutrition tips for you to follow during pregnancy.
- Aim to drink six to eight glasses of water each day to keep yourself hydrated.
- Foods like meat, fish, chicken, eggs, cheese, milk, nuts, beans and lentils are all good sources of protein, which helps the baby grow properly.
- Eat fresh fruits, as they will provide vitamins, minerals as well as fibre, which will help digestion and prevent constipation.
- Eat starchy foods like bread, cereals, oats, potatoes, rice, millets, as they are good sources of vitamins and minerals without having many calories.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and foods that are high in sugar, fat and salt.
- Take your prenatal vitamins like calcium, iron and folic acid regularly on time as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do yoga and walk for 30 minutes daily after consulting your doctor.
- Always keep yourself in a positive environment, as your emotions and the environment can impact the baby.
- Staying active is important, as it will reduce stress, control weight, improve blood circulation, boost your mood, and help you sleep better.
- Take good care of your dental health by brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Shop for your baby, so you have all the essentials needed once the baby arrives.
- Always maintain hygiene and wash your hands before eating anything.
- Attend childbirth classes, which will help you feel more prepared for delivery.
- Go for the regular check ups to the doctor.
- Do kegel exercises, which will support your bowels, bladder and uterus.
- Avoid heavy lifting, climbing on ladders, moping, using harsh chemicals, and standing for long hours, especially infornt of the gas stove.
It is essential to follow these simple pregnancy tips on health and nutrition throughout the nine months before your baby arrives, for a healthy and happy baby.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.