Last Updated on
Hi friends! Today, I am going to share a health mix recipe which is high in nutrition and good for babies from ten months onwards. This health mix recipe can be made into porridge for your little one and will keep him satiated for longer. It has all the cereals, nuts and spices which are good for baby’s bones, growth and development. Since it is a porridge, it is easily digestible for the baby. This health mix is packed with carbohydrates and proteins which are vital for the growing baby. This healthy mix porridge helps underweight babies gain weight substantially. I usually feed this to my baby first thing in the morning. What’s great is that this porridge can be eaten by adults and is good for breastfeeding mothers too.
- Red rice – 100 gms
- Peanut – 100 gms
- Ragi – 100 gms
- Wheat – 100 gms
- Maize – 100 gms
- Corn – 100 gms
- Millet – 100 gms
- Green gram – 100 gms
- Barley – 100 gms
- Sago – 100 gms
- Roasted gram – 100 gms
- Cashew nut – 100 gms
- Almonds – 100 gms
- Cardamom – 5 pieces
- Take the above ingredients in the mentioned measurements, wash and dry them in sunlight.
- Next, roast the ingredients in a pan until they are fragrant.
- Cool off the mix and grind it to a fine powder.
- Sieve the mix finely to remove hard particles.
- Store the finely grounded mix in an airtight container. A steel container is preferred rather than a plastic one.
The above dry health mix can be stored up to 2 months.
Preparation of porridge
1. Take two spoons of the finely grounded health mix you prepared. Add sufficient water and boil on low flame till the mixture thickens.
2. The consistency of the porridge can be adjusted as per your baby’s liking and age – from runny to thick.
3. Add sugar to taste. You can consider using brown sugar, to make the porridge healthier.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.