Golden Rules Worth Following While Disciplining Your Cute Mischievous Toddler
I know it feels WOW when your little ones listen to what you say. You so wish my kids listens to whatever I say. But wait and see what they have got to say. It’s what they want to share they throw tantrums for. Once you know whats the reason for their not accepted behaviour. You can try correcting it in a way which is good for you and your little one.
- For attention
- To be heard
- To get their things done
- While irritated and angry
- Sleepy and disturbed
- Don’t overreact: Be cool and polite while you communicate with them. Sometimes they just what to test your patience.
- Say no once then ignore: For eg: if your kids wants to use mobile and you don’t want to give him. He will keep asking for it so just tell him NO and ignore they will throw tantrums just ignore. This happens for a day or two and then they will realise this won’t work and will stop asking for the same.
- Save your anger: You need to be pleasant with your kids 90% of the time and only 10% of the time you need to show your anger. If this is the case the moment they see your anger face they will realise they have done something which upset you and will rectify the same.
- Say yes with something good attached with it: Kids are smart for eg: if you have guests at home they may take the opportunity and ask you if they can go out and play with their friends. Tell them yes and also please do feed the pet cat or water the garden. This way you can encourage your kids to be active as well as help you. They will love doing it.
- Motivate them: They want your yes most of the time. Don’t keep saying no to them. Let them go ahead , explore and then correct themselves with the mistakes learnt
- Don’t compare: No 2 kids are same. Each one has some plus then the other and some negative too. So stop comparing and love them for who they are