Beetroot-Broccoli-Mushroom Soup Recipe
Soups can be the ultimate comfort food during monsoon or winter. Who doesn’t like a bowl of warm creamy soup made from the choicest vegetables! Giving soup to your baby could be the best choice for keeping him hydrated and well-nourished in any weather. If you’re wondering which soup you should make, then here’s one suggestion: beetroot broccoli soup. Beetroot broccoli soup tastes delicious and is very healthy! It also has spices in it which can lower the chances of catching infections. You can serve this soup to your kid if he throws a fit about eating veggies or on days he is not well. This soup will provide essential nutrients to your growing baby. You can serve this soup with bread, salads, or as a light evening meal or as an appetizer for dinner. Here’s a simple recipe for beetroot broccoli mushroom soup.
Video: Beetroot Broccoli Mushroom Soup Recipe for Babies & Toddlers (For Babies Older than 9 Months)
Type of Meal
Weaning babies older than 9 months of age
Lunch, evening meal or dinner
|1 finely chopped
|Salt to taste
|Black pepper powder
Follow this step-by-step guide on how to make beetroot broccoli mushroom soup.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a pressure cooker. Sauté 1 bay leaf and add ginger, garlic, and onion shallots until it all turns aromatic.
- Add 1.5 cups of beetroot, washed broccoli florets, and mushrooms along with salt. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Release the pressure and drain off the water to cool down the soup.
- Transfer it into a blender and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Take a pan and pour in the vegetable stock along with the vegetable paste from the blender.
- Add in the salt and sugar pepper powder to the soup and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve warm.
This simple beetroot broccoli mushroom soup recipe can be a substantial meal for babies when prepared in the right way. Follow the below tips to make a healthy and delicious beetroot broccoli soup for your little one.
- Add corn-starch if you want to make the soup thicker.
- Add more water to make a soup with lighter consistency for younger babies.
- You can add boiled noodles or paneer cubes to this soup to make it more tempting for older children.
- This homemade beetroot broccoli mushroom baby food recipe can be made tastier with the use of exotic herbs like thyme, oregano, rosemary, and basil.
- Adding lemon juice and vinegar will lend a soup a tangy taste. If your child is a little older, you can add lemon juice and vinegar to the soup.
- Adding fresh cream enhances the creamy texture of the soup.
Nutrition Information (Per 1 Serving-250gm)
Soups are delicious and easily digestible. The vibrant colour of beetroot broccoli mushroom soup along with its mild sweetness and a hint of spices surely indicates the health benefits associated with all its ingredients:
- Beetroot contains betanin that acts as an antioxidant against heart diseases. It is low in calories and almost fat-free. As it is loaded with fibre, it eases bowel movements.
- Mushrooms are fleshy fungi that have a nutrient-rich profile. Button mushrooms are extremely low in calories and contain very less fat. The phosphorous content in them plays a pivotal role in the formation of teeth enamel while Vitamin D content facilitates the growth of bones.
- Broccolis are high in vitamin C and a great source of fibre. Easy to digest, it contains macro and micronutrients like iron, calcium, vitamin A, B, C, K and folic acid that promotes brain development.
This buying guide for beetroot broccoli mushroom soup will help choose the best quality ingredients.
- If you’re buying broccoli make sure they are uniformly coloured in either dark green, sage or purple-green. They should not be mouldy or bruised.
- Make sure that the beetroots you buy are of deep maroon colour and have unblemished skin. Their taproot should be still attached. If possible buy vegetables from an organic store.
- Choose button mushrooms that are not broken or bruised. They should be firm, smell earthy and have tightly closed caps.
Homemade beetroot broccoli mushroom soup for babies is just the right dose of healthy and tasty dishes that your child needs for his physical and mental development. Its brilliant colour, texture, and flavour added with your touch of love will make it your child’s favourite appetizer and he will look forward to having it whenever he has hunger pangs!