Amazing Halloween Riddles for Kids
Halloween is a time for fun, as children look forward to games, costumes, candies, and pranks. So, what else is there to impress these young souls with? Why, Halloween riddles, of course! Riddles allow your kids to pause, think, and reason before answering the questions. The answers are often things that may be obvious but are sure to have your little ones roaring with laughter.
Of course, you will need to make sure that the riddles you pick are age-appropriate and not too difficult for your children, as this will cause them to lose interest. The key is to make it a bit of a challenge while also ensuring that the little ones have a shot at getting it right. Most of the riddles shared here are perfect Halloween riddles for kindergarten or preschoolers. Some are short and very easy, while others will make them think.
Children love riddles, and they are bound to love the riddles you choose to entertain them with this Halloween season. So, go on and choose your favorite funny or scary Halloween riddles and have fun with your kids.
Funny and Easy Halloween Riddles for Children
Here are some easy, fun, and short Halloween riddles to teach and entertain little minds this Halloween season. These will have your tiny tots howling with laughter:
1. What is it that birds give out on Halloween?
2. What animal dresses up and howls?
Answer- A Wear-Wolf.
3. Why are cemeteries so popular?
Answer- Everyone’s dying to get in.
4. Why was the scarecrow promoted?
Answer- He was outstanding in his field.
5. Why don’t mummies take vacations?
Answer- They’re afraid they’ll relax and unwind.
6. Why Was the Witches Broom Late?
Answer- It over-swept.
7. What’s the best thing to put into pumpkin pie?
Answer- Your teeth.
8. What is a skeleton’s favorite music?
Answer- A trom-bone.
9. Why do vampires always seem sick?
Answer- They’re always coffin.
10. Why are spiders great web developers?
Answer- They like finding bugs.
11. Why are ghosts bad liars?
Answer- You can see right through them.
12. What’s scarier than a monster?
Answer- A mom-ster.
13. What do you call two witches who live together?
14. How does a witch style her hair?
Answer- With scare-spray.
15. What happens when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
16. Why don’t vampires have a lot of friends?
Answer- Because they are a pain in the neck.
17. What kind of a monster likes to dance?
Answer- A boogey-man.
18. What is a witch at the beach called?
Answer- A sand-witch.
19. Where do ghosts like to go swimming?
Answer- Lake Eerie
20. Where do werewolves store their junk?
Answer- A were-house.
21. What’s a ghost’s favorite dessert?
Answer- Ice scream
22. Where does Dracula keep his money?
Answer- A blood bank.
23. Why don’t mummies have time for fun?
Answer- They are too wrapped up.
24. How did the vampire marathon end?
Answer- Neck and Neck.
25. Why can’t Dracula play baseball?
Answer- He lost his bat.
26. What did the werewolf eat after his teeth cleaning?
Answer- The dentist.
27. What does a ghost keep in his stable?
28. What room do ghosts avoid?
Answer- The living room.
29. What did the skeleton buy at the grocery store?
Answer- Spare ribs.
30. What is a ghost’s least favorite candy?
Answer- Life savers.
31. Where does the zombie live?
Answer- On a dead-end street.
32. Why don’t skeleton’s watch horror movies?
Answer- They don’t have the guts.
33. What is a vampire’s favorite dog?
Answer- A bloodhound.
34. What do you call an athletic pumpkin?
Answer- A jock-o-lantern.
35. Why do pumpkins sit on people’s porches?
Answer- Because they have no hands to knock on the door.
Hard Halloween Riddles for Kids
Some children are rather quick-witted and may figure out the easier riddles. So, if you don’t want things to be easy on your little ones, make them think with these hard Halloween riddles for preschoolers:
1. I Am Known to be Bad Luck When You See Me in the Dark
Oh How I Hate the Rain and I Don’t Bark.
What Am I?
Answer- A black cat.
2. From Head Down to Toes, Through Every Living Being I Flow.
You Might Faint When You See Me Though!
What Am I?
3. It is Rectangular in Shape, is Hollow, and has a Lid. You Might Wonder, as You Find It Six Feet Under. What is it?
Answer- A coffin.
4. I Fly Through the Night, Sleep Upside Down. Dark Places are My Home. I Do Not Have a Good Sight.
What Am I?
Answer- A bat.
5. Some Believe in Me While Others Don’t.
I Roam Around in the Nights and, Sometimes, in the Air I Float.
If You Hear a Strange Noise Underground,
Go Run and Hide from My Creepy Sound.
What am I?
Answer- A ghost.
6. I Have No Feet to Dance, I Have No Eyes to See,
I Have no Life to Live or Die but Yet I Do All Three.
What Am I?
7. What Did the Mummy Ghost Say to the Noisy Young Ghost Who Kept Interrupting?
Answer- “Spook when you’re spooken to.”
8. You Have a Match, a Jack-O’-Lantern, and Three Candles for the Jack-O’-Lantern; a Tall Candle, a Medium Candle, a Short Candle. Which One Should You Light First?
Answer- The match.
9. I’m Tall When I’m Young, I’m Short When I’m Old, and Once a Year, I Make Heavy Pumpkins Light. What Am I?
Answer- A candle.
10. What Did the Jack-O-Lantern Say to the Other Jack-O-Lantern When They Were on Their Way to a Halloween Party?
Answer- “Let’s get glowing.”
11. What Do Goblins and Ghosts Drink When They’re Hot and Thirsty on Halloween?
12. What is a Popular Search Engine for Ghosts?
13. What Did the Witch Say When She Fell in the Moat?
Answer- “My eels are killing me!”
14. What Happens When A Ghost Haunts a Theatre?
Answer- The actors get stage fright.
15. What Do You Get When You Cross Tinkerbell With a Werewolf?
Answer- A hairy fairy.
Kids always need entertaining, and during Halloween, when the excitement is in the air, getting your kids attention will be made much easier when you have a few exciting Halloween themed riddles to share! Try out a few of the amazing Halloween riddles for kids shared above to amuse your kids. Not only that, but these are simple, fun Halloween riddles that can be shared with others your age too! So, have a blast this Halloween with fun Halloween themed riddles.
Halloween Jokes for Children
Easy Halloween Makeup Ideas for Kids
Fun Halloween Quiz for Children