Last Updated on
Christmas is the time when the whole family gets together to celebrate. Christmas riddles are an entertaining way to make your kids learn about different things associated with Christmas. As they solve the riddles they learn to use logic and co-relate different things to solve them. The kids love to solve the mystery of the riddles and make them happy when they solve them. These brain teasers keep kids busy and away from their phones, which actively increases their creative thinking and vocabulary. So, to make Christmas more entertaining, give kids a few riddles to solve. Read on to know the best Christmas riddled for kids.
Easy Christmas Riddles for Children
Young children are not apt at solving riddles. Though they would surely love to solve riddles with their older siblings during a Christmas get-together. So, give them these easy-to-solve riddles.
1.“I’m a plant seen at Christmas, which people hang above. And then they stand beneath me and kiss someone they love. What am I?”
2. “His body is round, with a carrot for a nose. He loves to be cold, from his head to his toes. What am I?”
Answer- A snowman
3. “Climbing down chimneys may often seem weird, but not when it’s this old man with a white beard. Who is he?”
Answer- Santa Claus
4. “What do you look forward to, that’s filled with stuff and looks like a giant’s sock?”
Answer- A Christmas stocking.
5. “ I’m a colored strip used to decorate your tree, metallic and shiny you’ll find me. What am I?”
6. “ We’re four-legged beasts, pullers of Santa’s sleigh. If you have been a good girl or boy, we might just pull him your way. What are we?”
Answer- Santa’s reindeer.
7. “ I’m Santa’s little helper. I’m loved by both girls and boys. Throughout the year, I work hard building their toys. Who am I?”
Answer- An elf.
8. “ I get chopped, decorated, and on one end, you’ll see wings on top. What am I?”
Answer- Christmas tree
9. What did the elf do when his uncle asked him to show his talent?
Answer- He wrapped
Medium-Level Christmas Riddles for Kids
A challenging Christmas riddle will make kids use their minds. Here are a few medium-level Christmas riddles for kids.
1. “ Counting down to Christmas with me can’t be a beat; behind every door lies a tasty treat. What am I?”
Answer- An Advent calendar.
2.“ Dropping from the sky, more beautiful than rain, there are no two pieces that will ever look the same. What are they?”
3. “ Rip me off quickly so I no longer hide, your precious gifts that are concealed inside. What am I?”
Answer- Wrapping paper.
4. “ When Santa Claus sets off from the North Pole on Christmas Eve, in which direction does he travel?”
Answer- South. Everywhere is south from the North Pole.
5. “ I come in many colors, beautiful and bright, I turn so many houses into a beautiful sight. What am I?”
Answer- Christmas lights.
6. “ You sometimes see them on a house, and often a festive tree. They’re often multicolored and run on electricity. What is it?”
Answer- Christmas lights.
7. “What will it be stuffed with, there’s nobody who knows. But it looks like something you’d slide over your toes. What is it?”
Answer- A Christmas stocking.
8. “ What do you have in December that you don’t have in any other month?”
Answer- The letter ‘D’.
9. What did the doctor give to Santa when he went to the hospital to ask for something he could walk with?
Answer- A candy cane
Hard Christmas Riddles for Kids
Sometimes, kids need mental stimulation to motivate them to use their minds. These difficult Christmas riddles or Christmas carol riddles will motivate them to work their minds. Here are a few hard Christmas riddles.
1. “Your gifts are found beneath me, and on top of me is a fairy. Hung with baubles and bright lights, I bring cheer on cold Christmas nights. What am I?”
Answer- A Christmas tree.
2. “ I am a catchy carol and a tune which likes to rhyme, I contain 12 grand gifts that come around Christmas time. What am I?”
Answer- The 12 days of Christmas song.
3. “I’m made of two colors, and I look just like a hook. You’ll give me a lick, but I’m not something you cook. What am I?”
Answer- A candy cane.
4. “ I am worn to mark a victory. I’m also made of flowers and leaves formed into a circle, and I vary from big to tiny. What am I?”
Answer- A wreath.
5. “One of many, kids love to play with me. You won’t find me in professional sports, because you won’t get a bounce out of me. What am I?”
Answer- A snowball.
6. “ It can be made from evergreens
Pine cones, berries, and it’s round
On the front door of someone’s house
At Christmastime, it can be found.”
Answer- A Christmas wreath
7. “ I’m a cookie you might like to eat,
Some might say I’m a favored Christmas treat.
I have brown arms, eyes, and don’t forget my feet.
What am I?”
Answer- A Gingerbread Man
8. “ I am a helpful creature
not too big and not too small
Out of all my fellow reindeer
I’m the fastest of them all.
Who am I?”
Funny Christmas Riddles for Kids
Kids love funny Christmas riddles. Funny Christmas riddles make riddle-solving enjoyable and help kids use their minds. Here are a few funny Christmas riddles for kids.
1. “ Why are Christmas trees bad at knitting?”
Answer- Because they always drop their needles.
2. “Why do mummies like Christmas so much?”
Answer- Because of all the wrapping.
3. “ What is the best present you can receive for Christmas?”
Answer- A broken drum. You just can’t beat it!
4. “ If a lion had a Christmas music album, what would it be called?”
Answer- Jungle Bells
5. “What’s red and white and goes up and down and up and down?”
Answer- Santa Claus stuck in an elevator.
6. “What did the bald man say when he was given a comb for Christmas?”
Answer- Thanks, I’ll never part with it.
7. “ When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?”
Answer- In the dictionary.
8. “ What did Adam say on the day before Christmas?”
Answer- It’s Christmas, Eve.
9. When Mrs. Claus looked up in the sky, she seemed surprised and said something to Santa. What did she say?
Answer- Looks like rain, dear.
Christmas riddles are an enjoyable Christmas activity for the kids. Children can bond with their cousins and siblings as they solve these riddles. Apart from a great bonding activity it also makes them use their reasoning and intelligence to solve the riddles. Christmas riddles are a great way to get into the holiday spirit!