Every article that we publish, confirms to stringent guidelines & involves several levels of reviews, both from our Editorial team & Experts. We welcome your suggestions in making this platform more useful for all our users. Write in to us at email@example.com
- What Is Homemade Pregnancy Test With Vinegar?
- Why Should You Take This Test?
- What Types of Vinegar Should You Use?
- Different Types of Vinegar Pregnancy Tests
- How Does the Vinegar Test Work?
- Things You Need for Carrying Out a Pregnancy Test With Vinegar
- How to Do the Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- How to Read the Vinegar Test Results
- Pros and Cons of Traditional Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- Things You Need for the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- How to Perform the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test?
- How to Read the Test Results of the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- Pros and Cons of the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- Is the Vinegar Pregnancy Test Reliable?
- What Should You Do After Taking the Pregnancy Test With Vinegar?
Last Updated on
Pregnancy can be a hard time to get through, but for couples who are trying to conceive, the time of conception can be harder. Nothing is harder than having to wait for a pregnancy test; to see if a little bundle of joy is on its way. Raising a child is one of the most fulfilling activities humans can do, so, understandably, parents would be anxious to find out if they are expecting.
What Is Homemade Pregnancy Test With Vinegar?
Some women hesitate to go to a medical shop to buy a pregnancy kit, or for some reason, their visit to the doctor to confirm their pregnancy might be delayed. In that case, they can give homemade pregnancy tests a try. There are several homemade pregnancy tests – the sugar test, the vinegar test, the bleach test, etc. In this article, we shall talk about the vinegar pregnancy test wherein clear vinegar is used as a pregnancy indicator. When clear vinegar mixes with the urine of a pregnant woman, it changes colour. Thus, it can be a handy indicator to gauge if you are pregnant.
Why Should You Take This Test?
A vinegar pregnancy test has some advantages over buying a kit for the purpose of checking. In our country, women might hesitate to buy a pregnancy kit from the medical store. On top of that, most reliable pregnancy kits are on the expensive side. In the case of the vinegar pregnancy test, it is practically free to carry out, and you can also repeat it as many times as you want, discreetly.
What Types of Vinegar Should You Use?
In most stores, there are two types of vinegar available – white vinegar and apple cider vinegar. The only indicator in a vinegar pregnancy test is the colour change, and therefore, only clear/ white vinegar is used for this test. White vinegar is available in most general stores and is extremely affordable too. Thus, this pregnancy test is also pocket-friendly.
Different Types of Vinegar Pregnancy Tests
There are two types of vinegar pregnancy tests, both of which are said to be quite effective. They are:
1. Traditional Vinegar Test
In the traditional vinegar test, only plain vinegar is used to check if it is a positive pregnancy. When mixed with the urine, the vinegar changes colour only if you are pregnant.
2. Tuna Oil Vinegar Test
When a sample of urine is mixed with vinegar and tuna oil, the colour of the solution changes for both negative and positive results. If the colour changes to yellow or orange, it is negative; however, if the mixture has a greenish hue, it denotes a positive pregnancy.
How Does the Vinegar Test Work?
HCG is a hormone that is one among many hormones that a pregnant woman produces. This hormone reacts with vinegar, which is an acid; therefore, the solution changes colour after a few minutes. HCG levels are the highest in the morning urine, so the tests done first thing in the morning have been proven to be most accurate.
Things You Need for Carrying Out a Pregnancy Test With Vinegar
Conducting a vinegar pregnancy test is quite simple; the items required are most likely already present in most homes. All you need is two sterilised cups/ containers, some clear/ white distilled vinegar, and a sample of the morning urine. Ensure the containers are completely clean and sterile. Note that small amounts of foreign bacteria can result in a false-positive.
How to Do the Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- Collect a sample of your early morning/ first urine in a sterilised container.
- Then, pour some clear vinegar into the second container.
- Mix your urine in the vinegar.
- Stir the mixture, and keep it aside for a few minutes.
- Now, wait for around 5 minutes to see if any colour change occurs. If the mixture changes colour, you are almost sure to be pregnant. If the mixture does not change colour, it means that you are most likely not pregnant.
How to Read the Vinegar Test Results
In the case of traditional vinegar pregnancy tests, a change in colour usually means that you are pregnant. If the colour does not change even after 5 minutes of settling down, it is interpreted as an indication that you are not pregnant.
Pros and Cons of Traditional Vinegar Pregnancy Test
Here are some pros and cons of the Vinegar Pregnancy Test, that could help you figure out if the test is right for you.
- The cost of the test is close to nothing.
- You can repeat the test multiple times.
- Your pregnancy can remain confidential.
- None of the substances used are harmful
- It can be difficult to figure out whether the urine to vinegar ratio is right the first time.
- Very early pregnancy tests cannot be conducted as the levels of HCG are not detectable at least until a week after the missed period or one to two weeks after intercourse.
- The colour change might not be as evident and clear.
- The presence of bacteria or dirt could affect the test outcome.
In the section below, we shall talk about the things you need to perform the tuna oil and vinegar pregnancy test, how to perform it, how to read the results, and also the pros and cons of the test.
Things You Need for the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
For a tuna oil and vinegar pregnancy test, the requirements are more or less similar to the conventional test, except for the addition of tuna oil. You need fresh white vinegar, tuna oil, two sterilised bowls, measuring cups, a sample of the morning urine, a clean stirrer, and a cloth if you want to keep the surroundings clean.
How to Perform the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test?
- The first step is to collect a sample of the morning urine.
- Now, using a small cup, pour out a quarter volume each of tuna oil and vinegar into a bigger, transparent cup or bowl. You may use disposable cups for this.
- Wash the small cup or take another same-sized cup and measure 1/2 the volume of the urine sample
- Add it to the bigger cup/ bowl with the tuna oil and vinegar mix.
- Stir well and observe the colour changes that occur within the bowl.
How to Read the Test Results of the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
In the case of the tuna oil and traditional vinegar pregnancy test, the main difference is that the colour of the solution changes for both positive and negative results. If the solution becomes an orangish-yellow colour, it means that you are not pregnant. If the colour has a greenish hue, it means that the result is positive, and you are pregnant.
Pros and Cons of the Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
Below are a few aspects of the test, which can help you decide if you want to go ahead with this test.
- It is an upgrade to the conventional vinegar oil pregnancy test.
- The colour of the solution changes for both results, positive and negative.
- It could be difficult to obtain a preferred amount of tuna oil for the test.
- Addition of an ingredient increases the cost.
Is the Vinegar Pregnancy Test Reliable?
The vinegar pregnancy test accuracy has been called into question many times as women under medication can show false results. This is because of the hormonal imbalance that occurs in the body, which is triggered even by antibiotics. In some cases, the mixture does not change in colour sufficiently enough to be noticed at a glance; close observation might be required.
What Should You Do After Taking the Pregnancy Test With Vinegar?
An important thing to note is that the white vinegar pregnancy test is only a preliminary, homemade test. You have to get yourself tested in a hospital and get a doctor’s appointment at some point in time.
To check if your pregnancy status is positive or negative, the vinegar pregnancy test can be conducted from the comfort of your home. It is important to note that an apple cider vinegar pregnancy test can be hard to read, as the colour of apple cider is dark. However, the vinegar pregnancy test colour can give you an idea of whether you are pregnant, with virtually no time delay or expenditure.
Resources and References –