In this Article
- What is Homemade Pregnancy Test with Vinegar?
- Why Should You Take This Test?
- What Types of Vinegar Should You Use?
- Different Types of Vinegar Pregnancy Tests
- How Does the Vinegar Test Work?
- What You Need for Taking Conventional Pregnancy Test with Vinegar
- How to Do Traditional Vinegar Test of Pregnancy?
- How To Read the Results of Traditional Test?
- Pros and Cons of Traditional Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- What You Need for Taking Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- How to Perform Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test?
- How to Read the Test Results of Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test?
- Pros And Cons of Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- Is Vinegar Pregnancy Test Reliable?
- What Should You Do After Taking Pregnancy Test With Vinegar?
Pregnancy can be a hard time to get through, but for couples who are trying to conceive, the time of conception can be harder. Nothing is harder than having to wait for a pregnancy test, to see if a little bundle of joy is on the way to the household. Raising a child is one of the most fulfilling activities humans can do, so it is understandable that parents would be anxious to find out if they are expecting.
What is Homemade Pregnancy Test with Vinegar?
In many cases, it can be hard for the woman to go to the medical shop to buy a pregnancy kit. The vinegar pregnancy test can be used to check if you are pregnant instead. The test uses clear vinegar as a pregnancy indicator, as it changes colour when mixed with the urine of a pregnant woman.
Why Should You Take This Test?
A vinegar pregnancy test has many advantages over buying a kit for the purpose of checking. In this country, it can be hard for a woman to buy a pregnancy kit from the medical store. On top of that, most reliable pregnancy kits are on the expensive side. In the case of the vinegar pregnancy test, it is practically free to carry out- you can also repeat it as many times as you want. You can also keep the state of your pregnancy a secret if you choose.
What Types of Vinegar Should You Use?
In most stores, there are two types of vinegar available- white vinegar and apple cider. The vinegar pregnancy test makes use of the colour change of vinegar as an indication as to whether you are pregnant. Since apple cider has a tan colour, it is unsuitable for the pregnancy test. Therefore, you should only use the white, transparent vinegar for this test. White vinegar is available in most small stores and is extremely cheap too. Therefore, this pregnancy test is useful and also pocket-friendly.
Different Types of Vinegar Pregnancy Tests
There are two types of vinegar pregnancy tests, both of which have been used to great effect over the years. These are:
- Traditional Vinegar Test
In the traditional vinegar test, only plain vinegar is used to check pregnancy. This changes colour only when you are pregnant.
2. Tuna oil Vinegar Test
In the case of pregnancy test using both tuna oil and vinegar, the colour of the solution changes for both negative and positive results.
How Does the Vinegar Test Work?
HCG hormone is one among the many hormones that a pregnant woman produces. The levels of HCG hormones are highest in the morning urine, so that has to be used for testing. This hormone reacts with vinegar, which is an acid- therefore, the solution changes colour after time.
What You Need for Taking Conventional Pregnancy Test with Vinegar
Conducting a vinegar pregnancy test is easier than you think- the items you require are most likely already present at home. A cup of white distilled vinegar and a cup of the morning urine sample is also necessary. You will also need a sterile container which is required to mix the vinegar and urine together. However, make sure that the container is completely clean and sterile. Note that trace amounts of bacteria can result in a false-positive.
How to Do Traditional Vinegar Test of Pregnancy?
- The first step is to pour the vinegar into the clean container.
- Add your urine on top of the vinegar into the same container.
- Stir the mixture well, and check if it changes colour during stirring.
- Now, wait for around 5 minutes to see if any colour change occurs. If the mixture changes colour, you are almost sure to be pregnant. If the mixture does not change colour, it means that you are most likely not expecting a child.
How To Read the Results of Traditional Test?
In the case of the traditional vinegar test, a change in colour usually means that you are pregnant. If the colour does not change even after 5 minutes of settling down, it is interpreted as an indication that you are not pregnant.
Pros and Cons of Traditional Vinegar Pregnancy Test
The below details will help you figure out if vinegar pregnancy is right for you.
- The cost of the test is close to nothing.
- You can repeat the test multiple times.
- Your pregnancy can remain confidential.
- None of the substances used are harmful.
- It can be difficult to figure out whether the urine to vinegar ratio is right the first time.
- Very early pregnancy tests cannot be conducted.
What You Need for Taking Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
For a tuna oil and vinegar pregnancy tests, the requirements are more or less similar to the conventional test, except for the addition of tuna oil. You need fresh white vinegar, tuna oil, two bowls and measuring cups, a sample of the morning urine, a clean stirrer and a white cloth if you want to keep the surroundings clean.
How to Perform Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test?
- The first step is to collect a sample of the morning urine.
- Now, take a measuring cup and measure a quarter volume each of tuna oil and vinegar.
- Mix it in a bowl and add a half volume of morning urine to this mix.
- Stir well and observe the colour changes that occur within the bowl.
How to Read the Test Results of Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test?
In the case of the tuna oil and traditional vinegar pregnancy test, the main difference is that the colour of the solution changes for both positive and negative results. If the solution becomes an orangish yellow colour, it means that you are not pregnant. If the colour changes to green hue, it means that the result is positive- you are pregnant.
Pros And Cons of Tuna Oil and Vinegar Pregnancy Test
Below are a few aspects of the test which can help you decide if you want to go ahead with it.
- It is an upgrade to the conventional vinegar oil pregnancy test.
- The colour of the solution changes for both results- positive and negative. This means there is greater accuracy in predicting a pregnancy.
It could be difficult to obtain tuna oil for the test.
Is Vinegar Pregnancy Test Reliable?
The vinegar pregnancy test accuracy has been called into question many times as women under medication can show false results. This is because of the hormonal imbalances that occur in the body, which is triggered even by antibiotics. In some cases, the mixture does not change in colour sufficiently enough to be noticed in a glance- close observation might be required.
What Should You Do After Taking Pregnancy Test With Vinegar?
An important thing to note is that a white vinegar pregnancy test is only a preliminary, homemade one- you have to get yourself tested in a hospital and get a doctor’s appointment if you get a positive vinegar pregnancy test result.
To check if your pregnancy status is positive or negative vinegar pregnancy test can be conducted from the comfort of your home. It is important to note that an apple cider vinegar pregnancy test can be hard to read, as the colour of the apple cider is dark. However, the vinegar pregnancy test colour can give you an accurate idea of whether you are pregnant, with virtually no time delay or expenditure.