A perfect yet simple DIY for kids this Valentine’s Day season! Let them design their pencil into a Love-butterfly and flaunt it or gift it to their friends. This activity would not only be a fun time for kids but also an opportunity for parents to convey an apt message about Valentine’s Day to their child.
- Construction Paper in different colours
- Googly eyes
- Pipe Cleaners (easily available in crafts shop)
- Heart Shaped Foam Stickers
- Tacky Glue
- Choose construction papers of different colors. You can select Valentine’s Day colors like red, pink, purple, etc.
- Fold a scrap piece of white construction paper in half.
- Draw a shape of half butterfly along the folded edge of the paper, as shown in the image.
- Cut out the shape and use it as a stencil.
- Now grab your favourite color construction paper and trace out the stencil.
- Cut out these colored love butterflies and fold them into half.
- Make 1” slit at the top and bottom of the bug to slip a pencil through.
- Cut 2 small pieces of pipe cleaners and stick them on the head of the butterfly to form antennae.
- Decorate the butterfly with markers, foam hearts and googly eyes.
- Now insert the pencil through the slits as shown.
Allow your child to design the butterfly his own way or write messages for his friends and relatives.