In this Article
Last Updated on
A bowl of white sauce pasta with vegetables will become your child’s favourite once you try making white sauce pasta with the recipe we are going to provide you with. For this pasta recipe, you will need milk, flour, cheese, and green vegetables. On the days, when your little one refuses to eat dal and chapati, you can surprise him with white sauce pasta. White sauce pasta tastes delicious and you can make it no time for your toddler when he is hangry. Without further ado, we will tell you how to make the very tasty white sauce pasta.
Induction or Gas Stove
Type of Meal
For toddlers older than 17 months of age
Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
|Penne pasta||¾ cup|
|Grated cheese (cheddar or processed cheese)||1 ½ tablespoon|
|Mixed vegetables (onions, carrots, beans, broccoli, and peas) – finely chopped||½ cup|
|Plain flour||1 tablespoon|
|Italian herb||½ teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||A pinch|
|Crushed black pepper (optional)||As per taste|
|Dried oregano (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
Follow these step by step directions to learn how to make white sauce pasta for babies.
- Take 3-4 cups of water in a pan and bring it to boil over medium flame. When it starts boiling, add 3/4 cup penne pasta. Boil until it is cooked but not very soft.
- Use a colander or pasta strainer to strain the water from the cooked pasta.
- Heat ½ teaspoon butter in a pan over medium flame. Add ½ cup finely chopped vegetables, sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir and cook for around 2-3 minutes until all the veggies are cooked properly. Then turn off the flame and separate the veggies on a plate.
- Now heat 1½ tablespoons butter in the same pan over medium flame. Add 1 tablespoon flour and sauté for 30 seconds until it is roasted.
- Add 1 cup of milk in the flour, and stir constantly until it starts boiling. Keep stirring as it thickens to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add grated cheese when the above mixture turns thick and stir well.
- You can now add some Italian herb, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
- Now add cooked pasta and vegetables to it. Mix well and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add crushed black pepper and some oregano, mix again and serve.
Follow the below tips to make delicious white sauce pasta for your little toddler.
- This homemade white sauce paste baby food recipe tastes best when the white sauce is freshly prepared at home.
- Vegetables must finely be chopped and well cooked as babies will not be able to eat them.
- Make sure the flame is low after adding the cheese.
- Use cheese generously while making this recipe for babies.
Nutrition Information (Per 200 Grams)
|Dietary fibre||2 grams|
This white sauce pasta for babies is easy to make the recipe and is a powerful source of carbohydrates, protein, minerals, and fibre. Read below to find out more about the specific health benefits:
- White sauce pasta can be a good source of calcium and protein for little ones.
- Carrots in pasta are a good source of vitamin K1, potassium as well as Vitamin A that help in improving the eyesight.
- Beans are a rich source of vitamins, fibre, and antioxidants and promote the healthy growth of your baby.
- Green peas are rich in Vitamin C and are good for the digestion of babies.
- Onions are rich in folate and are filled with antioxidants as well as boost digestive health.
- Broccoli is a good source of fibre, which can help in proper digestion. The presence of Vitamin C can also help in iron absorption.
Keep the below points in mind when you go shopping for ingredients required for white sauce pasta.
- Try to buy organic vegetables for your little one as they are free from chemicals and pesticides.
- Buy whole wheat pasta as it has more fibre which is good for digestion.
- Since this dish tastes best when made with butter and cheese, try to use fresh butter and cheese.
- Make sure you only buy branded products and also check the expiry date on the packaging.
This white sauce pasta recipe is simple, no? We know you will make delicious white sauce pasta for your little one. So go ahead and give it a try – your child is going to relish this dish!