Last Updated on
Here is a recipe that can help you make fruit chaat for your toddler that would be very easy for them to chew. All you have to do is stew the fruits, that is boil the fruits in water until soft. Yes, it is that easy. Most of you will agree that fruits are one of the healthiest ways to get nutrition. You may give stewed apple, muskmelon, watermelon, orange, sweet lime, pineapple, pear, banana, grapes, mango, pomegranate, kiwi, chikoo, berries, lychee individually or as a combination of more than one fruits. Since they are stewed, baby can happily nibble on them. So in case you are wondering how to make this a recipe, here is the recipe to make this easy Mixed stewed fruit chat for your baby. Read on and learn how you can make this super easy and yummy recipe.
Gas Stove, Mixing
Type of Meal
Babies older than 11 months of age
Mid Morning Snack, Evening Snack.
Mid meal snack.
|Mixed fruits||200 gm|
|Honey/Sugar/Jaggery||1 to 2 tablespoon (Optional)|
|Himalayan Salt||A pinch|
|Pepper/ Herb Mix||A pinch|
|Lime juice||1 tsp|
|Homemade Spice Mix- fennel, clove, caraway||A pinch (Optional)|
Here are step by step directions to make Homemade Stewed Mixed Fruit Chat for toddlers:
1. Take fresh seasonal fruits and wash them thoroughly.
2. Peel them and chop into thin slices.
3. Boil the fruits in fresh water and stew them till they’re soft and mushy.
3. Drain water. Collect soft and cooked fruits.
4. In a mixing bowl, add these fruits and add salt, pepper/herb mix/homemade spice mix or whatever spices your baby is comfortable with and is used to. Toss and mix. Finally, add lime juice and a pinch of sugar/honey/jaggery.
5. Mix and serve in a bowl.
- If obtaining fresh fruit is a problem, then you can use frozen fruits too.
- Peeled fruit is better for toddlers who don’t have teeth.
- You can add orange juice instead of lime juice.
- You may also add chopped coriander leaves.
- You can add your baby’s favourite fruits to the recipe.
- If you have got a fussy eater, this recipe is an easy way to shove in nutrition into their bodies.
- You can make a sweet version of this chat too by adding only jaggery/ sugar/fruit juice and some dry fruit powder.
- Try introducing a single fruit rather than a variety of fruits altogether.
- Adding extra sugar is not recommended as it can promote extra calories and also cause digestion problems in your children.
- The quantity of salt used can be adjusted as per the baby’s age.
- As far as possible, avoid adding any extra ingredients as the taste may not be welcoming for the baby.
- It can be eaten with the help of a spoon or fork guided by a parent or guardian.
Nutrition Information (Per 150 Grams)
|Dietary fibre||3.4 gram|
Wondering how healthy this tasty delight is for your baby? Here are some health benefits of Stewed mixed fruit chat for your toddler:
- The calcium and potassium in fruits are good for your growing baby’s bones and teeth.
- Fruits are powerhouses of nutrients and micronutrients with essential vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, folate, etc. that help babies have energy and maintain good gut health.
- Antioxidants that are present in fruits are useful for reducing the impact of free radicals.
- Introducing berries at a young age can help them develop a taste for the same that can help them continue eating the same later on in their lives too.
- Fruits are a good source of vitamin C, which helps in the absorption of iron from other foods, so try to give some vitamin C-rich fruits after every meal.
- Fruits have probiotic, anti-inflammatory effects which can be beneficial to the baby.
- Fruits have a power-packed source of vitamins and micronutrients, which are all required for adequate growth and development of your baby.
- Fruits also have natural fibre, making them good for digestion.
- Since fruits have a very appealing taste, it is right to introduce them early on.
Here are buying tips that you should keep in mind while picking up ingredients for Mixed fruit Chat for your baby:
- As far as possible, purchase organic fruits and vegetables for your munchkin as these products are free from harmful chemicals such as pesticides.
- Buy seasonal fruits for stewing.
Try giving this amazing combo of health and taste to your little one and watch them gorge on some really yummy and nutrient-rich foods.