50+ Best Sorry Quotes and Messages
On rare occasions, we make mistakes and end up hurting our friends or loved ones unintentionally. Despite the best efforts, it is normal to misunderstand or make an occasional offensive remark or action that might deeply hurt someone. Apologizing in such instances is more than just about saying that you are sorry. The apology needs to be genuine with a clear message that you intend to make amends to ensure such a thing does not happen again. Convey that the mistake was unintentional, and you deeply regret it. If you are looking to apologize to a friend or a loved one in well-crafted words, here is a list of ‘forgive me’ quotes for some ideas.
Beautiful Heart-Melting Apology Quotes
Here are some relationship apology quotes that are sure to melt hearts:
- How do I say the words, “I’m sorry” when I know that words are not enough? And how can I ask you to forgive me when I know I can’t forgive myself? – Unknown
- Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. – Paul Boese
- I don’t know why I made you cry I’m sorry sweetheart and yet, Though you shouldn’t be lenient with me I hope you’ll forgive and forget. – Frank Sinatra
- Never forget the nine most important words of any family: I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- I overlooked your happiness in an attempt to make myself happy, only to realize that my happiness lies in yours. I am sorry, please forgive me. – Unknown
- But you know all about that, being sorry and having no words to say something when you know you should but you just can’t. – Heather Gudenkauf
- Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I feel bad that I hurt you. 3) How do I make this better? – Randy Pausch
- With a bruised heart and a deflated ego, with a sad soul and a head hung low. I apologize to you unconditionally. – Unknown
- When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t. – Louis C.K.
- When you forgive, you free your soul. But when you say I’m sorry, you free two souls. – Donald L. Hicks
- There are some experiences in life they haven’t invented the right words for. – Lisa Kleypas
- Saying “I’m sorry” is saying “I love you” with a wounded heart in one hand and your smothered pride in the other. – Richelle E. Goodrich
- True friends stab you in the front. – Oscar Wilde (sorry quotes for friend for when you had no choice but to betray them for a higher cause)
- Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them. – Bruce Lee
- If I said, “I’m sorry” even though I don’t know why I’m saying it, will it reduce my time in the corner? -Unknown
- Take your time. Don’t worry. I’ll wait forever if that is what it’ll take for you to forgive me. I love you. – Unknown
- An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift. -Margaret Lee Runbeck
Best Sorry Messages to Apologize to a Friend or Family
Whether you are looking for sorry messages for your family or a friend, these warm messages have you covered:
- An honest apology is not easy- saying it takes courage, dignity, humility and complete accountability to ask for forgiveness. The only way to fix things is with an honest “I’m sorry”.
- No relationship is perfect; there are ups and downs in all relationships. Whether we like it or not, there will always be circumstances where we find ourselves owing an honest apology to our other half.
- They say that true love is never devoid of arguments and conflicts. They fight because they care for each other because they cherish each other’s differences. But being hurtful and rude is never justifiable. I have hurt you for which I am truly sorry, all I want you to know is that I care for you and I care for us.
- I am sorry I got angry and hurt you. End of the day I feel more hurt that you still choose me as your significant other. I will work on my temper and strive hard to become a better version that I can be just for you.
- Just recalling the fact that I hurt you makes me feel sick. I still find it hard to believe that all of this happened. I’m deeply sorry about the way I treated you. I will do anything to fix it and make things right
- It is our Ego that holds us back from expressing what we feel deeply when it is most needed. Expressing my feelings such as “I love you”, “I miss you” and “I’m sorry”.
- I took for granted everything that we had- our laughs, memories, and quiet times. I promise I will cherish you for the rest of my life. I am sorry.
- I have to go now. I’m sorry about what I said, I hope you can get over it. However it may turn out to be, I’m going home now.
- My heart has been hurting and bleeding since the day I hurt you. I know it’s too early to ask for forgiveness but please heal these cuts with your forgiveness. I am sorry.
- Betraying your trust was the biggest disaster in my life. I know now that your love is all that matters to me. I am sorry.
- Friends are who we need in our most desperate times and I am truly sorry I wasn’t there for you when it mattered the most. Please forgive me my dearest friend.
- It is natural as human beings to make mistakes. I understand that it doesn’t excuse me for what I have done. I need you to understand that it was unintended and I regret it a lot. I am sorry for everything my friend, I will do better for you.
- Every time I hurt you, I am hurting myself, every time I upset you, I am putting myself down, every time I complain about you, I am degrading myself. All I ask for is your forgiveness, my love.
- Like you said before, nobody is perfect. We all have our own little flaws and I realize I have made mistakes that disappointed you. For that, I ask for forgiveness. I love you very much.
- I have hurt your feelings and betrayed your trust. Now I am suffering the burden of the consequences of my actions. I feel I have lost the greatest thing in my life. I am sorry, please forgive me.
- I believe that love is kind; I believe that love is patient and I know it doesn’t keep a record of all that is wrong. I go on my knees to ask you for forgiveness.
- I have always known that you are a person with a big heart. I want you to give me another chance, I humbly ask for your forgiveness for all the things I did that disappointed you. I am very ashamed and sad. I won’t do it again.
- Please forgive the bad attitude I showed you yesterday, I never meant to react that way to you, that was unlike me. I know I made you felt embarrassed, I am sorry.
- Yesterday was the saddest day of the year, we fought bitterly and said things neither of us meant. I know I started it and things had built up to it. I am glad it is behind, I look forward to good days with you. I’m sorry.
- I regret all the harsh words I said to you, It makes my heart sad to even think about what happened between us. I feel I lost you and I feel incomplete. I ask for your forgiveness.
- You have stood by me for years now, you have never let me down even through the thinnest of circumstances. And yet I hurt you and let you down. I am terribly sorry about everything.
- I look up to you with respect and honor, you are the person I hope I can grow to become someday. I made a terrible mistake and upset you. I feel ashamed and small. Please give me another chance to make it right and become a better person.
- I know I don’t deserve it. I hope it would be possible for you to find it in your heart to forgive my mistake. I’m dying for another chance to win your affection.
- I wonder if even time can heal the wounds I have inflicted on you with my mistakes. All I need is a chance to kiss your forehead to ease our pain. I am sorry I was a jerk, it won’t happen again.
- Sometimes “I’m sorry” just doesn’t do justice to convey how we feel.
- I believe I am the wisest man alive because I know one thing for sure. And that that is that I know nothing.
- If that is what it takes to get you to hear me, then I will shout it from the top of the highest mountain. I will shout that I am sorry until my lungs explode.
- How do I tell you that I am sorry when words are not enough to heal your broken heart? How can I ask you to forgive me, when I can’t even forgive myself.
- Forgiveness is not an occasional act, but it is a constant state of being.
- Please remember that I’m not perfect, and try to forgive me when I fail you.
- When I say, ‘I’m sorry,’ it is because I genuinely regret something.
- I hope that when I’m on my deathbed, people can forgive me because believe me, there is plenty to be pardoned.
- I know I broke your beautiful heart and I want you to understand that hurting you has also shred my heart apart. I am sorry, my beloved.
- I had no reason to do what I did to you. No excuses to give but please give me a callback. Because I do have a thousand apologies waiting to be heard.
- I am truly sorry for hurting your feelings, those things happened unintentionally. You know it is not of my character to put you through this pain. I will never let it happen again.
Mistakes happen now and then and it is very important to apologize to your friend/family the right way. Your apology should be heartfelt and genuine along with a promise to never repeat the same behavior.
Love Yourself Quotes
Family Quotes and Sayings
Love Quotes Defining Relationships