One of the many reasons which cause infertility is an inadequate level of hormones, in men and women. Science has proven with evidence that figs can boost fertility. Its rich iron content is essential for healthy eggs and ovulation. Figs are certainly a sweet way to improve fertility nutrition as they are an extremely rich source of fibre and vitamins. Fresh or dried figs are a rich source of calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc, vitamin B6 and fibre. Figs help in improving male fertility too by increasing the sperm count and motility. Figs can be eaten with salads, desserts, and meat.
How Eating Figs Helps to Improve Fertility
The vitamin and mineral rich bombs, the figs, are small round fruits which resemble testes and ovaries. They are indeed the next superfood. The nutritive content of fig is packed with vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, copper and a whole lot of fibre which increase fertility goodness. Figs, for male fertility, can help to overcome male sterility by improving the sperm count and motility. Figs for female fertility can help in controlling menstrual irregularities and hormonal imbalances. If you nourish yourself with figs, you will do your health and fertility big favour. A wholesome and balanced diet will surely set you up for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Recipe of Figs to Boost Fertility
The nutritionists recommend figs as they come with a bevy of health benefits. Figs or anjeer for fertility is known to have a miraculous impact. Some recipes using dried figs for fertility are given below:
1. Poached Figs
- Apple juice – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 large
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Mint leaf –large
- Rehydrated dry figs – 8
- Frozen/fresh raspberries -½ pt
- Simmer the apple juice, lemon juice, mint leaf and cinnamon for 10 minutes.
- Add the figs and let it be on simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the figs when very soft, strain the juice and boil it over high heat.
- Remove the syrup and drizzle raspberries and figs.
2. Avocado and Fig Salsa
- Ripe and chopped avocado – 1
- Plum tomato chopped – 1
- Fresh figs chopped – 2
- Minced, ribs and seeds removed, jalapeno pepper
- Garlic crushed – 1 clove
- Cumin – 1/8 tsp
- Coriander 1/8 Tsp
- Lime juice -1/2 lime
- Raw honey – ½ – ¾ tsp
- Ground pepper – as per taste
- Collect tomato, figs, avocado, and garlic in a bowl and keep aside.
- Whisk spices, lime juice, and honey in a small bowl.
- Drizzle it over the avocado mixture.
- Allow flavours to blend by refrigerating for an hour.
If you are all set to start a family, you must modify your diet and lifestyle to increase the chances of conception. Figs are a symbol of fertility. Their high profile content of iron, potassium, calcium, and zinc are absolutely essential for healthy pregnancy. Figs are helpful in improving male fertility too.