Nowadays when almost every mother prefers to keep the homemade food for the babies, one big question that bothers every new mom is what to feed our baby while travelling without getting messy, which is healthy, tasty and has no artificial ingredients.
I got to know about one of such recipes, which is easy to make and even more comfortable to cook which I would like to share.
- 2 cups of roasted grams(bhuna change)
- 2 cups of puffed rice(Murra)
- Handful of almonds
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 2 minutes
- First of all peel off the rind/skin of the roasted grams.
- Now take a frying pan and roast it for 2 to 3 minutes in medium flame. And keep it aside
- Now also cook the puffed rice in a low flame for the same time duration.
- Roast the almonds in a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Grind all of them one by one using a mixer or a grinder and then mix them all.
- The cerelac is ready to use and can be used for up to 2 months if kept in an airtight box.
COOKING METHOD: Take 3 tbsp of the cerelac and add hot boiled water and mix it. Keep on adding the water until you reach the desired consistency. And it’s ready to feed. You can also add a pinch of salt and some jaggery according to your preferences.
- This particular cerelac is full of carbohydrates, good fats, proteins and calories.
- It is really easy to digest for the babies.
- It tastes good even without adding any spices, so generally babies like to eat it.
- and it is easy to carry and cook while travelling.
PS: You can also use Flattened rice if puffed rice is not available. If you are using the cerelac at home only, then you can also mix any fruits for flavouring. I generally add shredded apple, chickoo or banana.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.