Today, everyone is busy in their own lives, and don’t have time to spend with their kids. This can lead to big problems in children, such as bad behaviour, indiscipline, etc. One thing we can all agree is on is that all we want is to be the the best possible parents to our kids, and here as some tips to do exactly that.
- Start spending quality time with your child and creating special occasions for him/her. Talk to your kids to know what problems they face and what brings them happiness.
- Always be friendly with your child. If you become friends with your child, he/she will always share their problems with you, so you can work together to find solutions.
- Make the perfect routine for sleeping, activities, eating, etc. This helps children stay disciplined.
- Don’t over react to your child’s mistakes, as it may lead to a lack of confidence in the future.
- Never ever compare your child with others’ children. Every child is unique, and constant comparison will only lead to jealousy and negative emotions towards you and others.
- Give respect and get respect. You must respect your children, as it will teach your child to respect others
- Behave properly in front of your children, just like you would want them to behave. Children observe and mirror the actions of their parents.
- Avoid constantly being on the phone around your child. Give him/her some attention and love.
- Always appreciate your child for good behaviour and values. Appreciation keeps the good actions going.
- Teach them to take responsibility and apologise for any wrongdoing.
- Involve yourself in your child’s life by doing activities such as cooking, eating, and playing together.
- Don’t constantly advise your child on everything. Let them figure some things out on their own.
- Share childhood stories with your children and give them a glimpse of your past.
- Involve your child in planting trees, gardening, cleaning their surroundings, and more.
- Always encourage your kid to share food with others.
- Don’t force your child study throughout the day. Give them some time to watch TV, play a game, or relax.
You are the role model for your child, so make sure you exhibit good behaviour in front of him/her. Wrongdoings are a part of their learning phase, so don’t panic, teach them to apologise, and let them enjoy their childhood.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.