Last Updated on
It is actually a boon if the in-laws can understand at least 10% compared to what our parents understand us. I would like to categorise in-laws as –
- Uneducated But Understanding
Now, the first category is for the in-laws who are educated. It is definitely a big boon to a girl. Here are some more pros:
- If you are working, then they can understand your goals and dreams, and will definitely support you in your future plans.
- If you are working and have kids, they can take care of your kids’ studies, also care for their own health.
- If you had to attend something important other than work, they are understanding, and you can just go ahead and be rest assured that somebody is there to take care of your kids.
- If you want to spend some quality time with your partner, they know its importance and respect your privacy.
- If both you and your partner were occupied with something important and had to reach home late, everything will be taken care of at home, including your kids.
- If you have any misunderstandings between you and your partner, they will definitely help you solve the problem. They actually are the backbone for your family.
- Some of your kids’ responsibilities can be shared by the in-laws if you are a working woman.
Let’s take a look at the second category – Uneducated but Understanding.
All of the above pros apply even though the in-laws are not educated. But only one thing is you have to put some extra effort into your kids’ studies.
Believe me; it’s a boon. More importantly, kids can learn so many valuable things from elders at home.
There will be a difference between kids who grow with their grandparents and parents, than those who grow only with parents, or those who are raised by their grandparents alone.
However, in my opinion, educated understanding in-laws make for the best parents and grandparents. Whoever is reading this whether it’s a married woman or unmarried, please make decisions maturely and wisely. Give equal importance to your in-laws as you give to your parents.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.