Last Updated on
Kids are the most innocent beings, and they tend to do things without knowing the difference between good and bad, or right and wrong. What I feel is that, before grandparents, teachers and others, it is the parents’ responsibility to teach their kids to distinguish right from wrong. However, what we tend not to notice, or what we neglect to understand, is that children learn by watching us. So, in order to teach them, we as parents should set examples in front of them. A few examples of this include:
- If you want to teach them politeness, then you should behave politely with others in front of them, be it your spouse, parents, in-laws, friends and even the unfortunate ones.
- If you wish to teach them patience, then do not behave impatiently in front of them. This way, we teach them patience as well as to accept their failures.
- Even if you have all the resources available never spend ruthlessly. I repeat never! Else, they would never learn the value of money in their life.
- Teach them importance of love, kindness and respect. If they disrespect anyone by mistake, try to make them understand how it is wrong by asking them if they would want to be treated the same way.
- Try to make them accept their failures and mistakes, so that they can learn perseverance and lessons from them.
- Teach them the importance of balanced food and exercise by eating healthy and staying fit and active yourself.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.