Teacher’s day is celebrated on 5th September. Dr S. Radhakrishnan was born on September 5, 1888. He was a renowned academician and the second president of independent India. He believed that ‘teachers should be the best minds in the country’. Since 1962, his birthday is celebrated as Teacher’s day in India. Teacher’s day is celebrated to recognize and appreciate the efforts of teachers towards the overall development of children.
Children have their own way of expressing affection towards people who are close to them. After parents, children are closest to their teachers. If your child is expressing her desire to create something unique for his favourite teacher on the Teacher’s day, then we have some interesting ideas that will help you. Here, we have some very interesting craft ideas for kids which will help them express their love towards their teachers. As a parent, you can help them in creating these beautiful gifts for their teachers.
Easy Craft Items for Teachers Day That Children Can Make
Below mentioned are some unique and adorable gift ideas which are trendy and easy to make.
1. A Handmade Card with Little Hearts for Teacher’s Day
A sweet and cute handmade card says it all!
- Cut out the white coloured chart paper into a card size which can easily slip into the envelope.
- Ask your kid to use the crayons and draw some flowers on the edges of the card and use the glitter pen to write a warm message in the centre. The message can be ‘The Best Teacher ever!’, ‘Thank you for being the most wonderful teacher!’ or simply ‘Happy teacher’s day’.
- Next, decorate the envelope, for this, you need to cut out two heart shapes from the red chart paper, one bigger and the other smaller.
- Put the card inside the envelope and once it is done let your kid paste the heart on the opening of the envelope. Paste the hearts in an overlapping manner to create a 3D effect, and you’re done!
2. Pencil Tree Image with Colourful Stamps
A teacher is strong like a tree and is always there to help children. Our next idea is based on this theme!
- White coloured chart paper
- Different stamps
- Photographs of your kid and her classmates
- Glitter Pen
- Cut out a tree trunk from the chart paper as shown in the image. To make it funky, we have given it a pencil shape in the bottom and many twigs on the top.
- Let your kid colour the trunk in brown to make it look like a tree trunk, and you can add some shades in the trunk to make it look realistic. The bottom tip can be coloured in any colour to make it look like a pencil.
- Next, paste this trunk on the base as shown in the image. You can paste it slightly tilted to give a trendy feel.
- Next glue the stamps in a manner to form the crown of the tree.
- Once the stamps are dry, glue the tiny photographs on these stamps.
- To finish it your kid can write a message for her teacher besides the tip of the pencil trunk.
3. Autumn Flowers Bouquet
Flowers are the best gifts which express love, respect, friendship and togetherness and your teacher will love them.
- A small to medium-sized tin or bucket-shaped can, here we are using a can with a tiny handle
- Autumn flowers or any blooming seasonal flowers
- A blank card
- Decorative pebbles (optional)
- Clean the can thoroughly so that it looks shiny and clean from outside.
- Let your kid write a warm message for her teacher on the card.
- Next, put the decorative pebbles in the can and arrange the flowers and pencils neatly in between the pebbles. You may avoid the pebbles if you have enough flowers to fill the can.
- Finally, settle the thank you card in between, and your gift is ready.
4. Colourful Bouquet with Paper Flowers
If you can’t get natural flowers, you can always create your own colourful paper flower bouquet for your teacher.
- Different coloured chart paper – Red, yellow, green, pink, lavender, etc
- Satin ribbon
- Stencil cutters (optional)
- Take the green chart paper and cut into 12*12 inches. Fold it neatly like a fan such that when you hold it from the bottom and open the top portion opens like a fan.
- Tie the ribbon at the bottom of the fan-folded paper into a cute knot. Your base for the bouquet is now ready.
- Start cutting tiny flowers from coloured chart papers. You may use a stencil paper cutter or just cut it with scissors.
- Once you have many flowers, start pasting them on the bouquet. You may also stick tiny stone stickers on the flowers for an added effect. And your paper flowers bouquet is ready!
5. Dried Flowers Bookmark
Bookmarks are one useful gift for teachers. So help your daughter in making this lovely bookmark with dried flowers.
- A thick craft paper
- Dried flower petals and leaves
- Woollen thread
- Cut out a craft paper; it should be 6 inches long and approximately 1.5 inches wide.
- Pierce a tiny hole on the top to pass a woollen thread through the hole and tie a firm knot on top, as shown in the image.
- Let your child glue the flower petals and leaves in a neat pattern on the bookmark. Let it dry, and the bookmark is ready to slip into the pages of the book.
6. Summer Flowers on Ice Cream Sticks
A cute handmade gift for your favourite teacher will definitely make her feel special.
- Ice cream sticks – 9
- Different coloured craft papers
- Woollen thread
- Faux pearls – 2
- Stick the ice cream sticks in a neat equidistant manner as shown in the image. Cut a tiny snippet of ribbon and stick it on the back of the ice cream stick trail as shown in the image, so that you can hang it on a nail in the wall.
- Cut out flowers in different colours and sizes from the craft papers. Next cut out a vase from purple chart paper and leaves from the green chart paper.
- Now ask your kid to glue the vase onto the ice cream stick trails and then affix the large size leaves and flowers, one over the other, as shown in the image.
- Pierce the small-sized flower from the centre. Cut out a small length of woollen thread and tie a knot at the end. Insert a faux pearl and then insert the small-sized flower and again tie a knot. Repeat the process on the other end of the thread. Finally, tie it on to the stick trail as shown in the image.
- This along with a warm teacher’s day message will serve as a lovely gift to the teachers!
7. Rainbow Hearts Greeting Card
This beautiful rainbow hearts is a perfect teacher’s day gift.
- Paper card base
- Craft papers in rainbow shades
- Colour Pens
- A small envelope
- Cut out 7 heart shapes in equal size from the craft papers.
- Glue the tiny envelope on the left side at the bottom of the base card and write a message on it.
- Next glue the hearts one over the other as shown in the image.
- It will form a beautiful bright coloured trail. And your rainbow hearts and wishes are ready!
8. Recycled Tin Pencil Holder
Teachers will love this classic recycled tin pencil holder.
- One or two tins
- Decorative fabric
- Burlap thread
- Bright coloured satin thread
- Fabric Glue
- Clean the tin inside out and let it dry.
- Cut out the decorative fabric in the correct measurement of the tin and paste it around the tin with the help of fabric glue.
- Next, cut out the lace in the measurement of the circumference of the tin, you may go for two layers or single layered lace decoration, and glue it on the fabric.
- Tie the satin thread around the lace in a neat knot. You may use rhinestone stickers or other decorative stickers to make it look more beautiful.
You and your kids are going to have a lot of fun trying these crazy DIY ideas. These projects will enhance the creative side of your kid and will make him understand the importance of teachers and teacher’s day. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give it a shot.
Also Read: Craft Ideas For Fathers Day for Kids