In this Article
Your mother is one of the most special persons in your life and deserves all the love and appreciation. From the moment you announced your arrival to the world, she has taken care of your needs and has showered you with selfless love. Mother’s Day, celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year, is an opportunity to express your gratitude and love to this special lady. Apart from gifting her, you can add a personal touch by sharing a beautiful quote which will bring a smile to her face.
25 Best Mother’s Day Quotes from a Daughter
Here is a thoughtfully-curated list of mother’s day sayings from a daughter:
- When my mother had to get dinner for 8 she’d just make enough for 16 and only serve half— Gracie Allen
- The best place to cry is in your mother’s arms— Jodi Picoult
- As my mom always said, ‘You’d rather have smile lines than frown lines.’ — Cindy Crawford
- My mom is a hard worker. She puts her head down and she gets it done. And she finds a way to have fun. She always says, ‘Happiness is your own responsibility.’ — Jennifer Garner
- My mother has always been my emotional barometer and my guidance. I was lucky enough to get to have one woman who truly helped me through everything. — Emma Stone
- I was always at peace because of the way my mom treated me— Martina Hingis
- Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly- Sarah Malin
- Mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible- Marion C. Garretty
- What do girls do who haven’t any mothers to help them through their troubles? Louisa May Alcott
- Who ran to help me when I fell, and would some pretty story tell, or kiss the place to make it well? My Mother- Ann Taylor
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever- Unknown
- When a little girl was asked where her home is, she replied, “Where my mother is.” Mother, you are my home. Happy Mother’s Day.
- A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. – Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love- Mildred B. Vermont
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child- Sophia Loren
- No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – Anonymous quotes
- Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
- My mother, is the bone of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot imagine a life without her.” – Kristin Hannah
- My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges, and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
- There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed, but in the eyes, heart and mind of your child you are Super Mom.” – Stephanie Precourt
- By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
- A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie-Tenneva Jordan
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child-Sophia Loren
- Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run-Barbara Kingsolver
- Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me-Lady Gaga
Top 25 Mother’s Day Quotes from a Son
A mother-son bond is definitely a special one and Mother’s Day is certainly the perfect day to celebrate this relationship.Here are 25 amazing mother’s day sayings that highlight this bond:
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love — Stevie Wonder
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother— Abraham Lincoln
- Only mothers can think of the future – because they give birth to it in their children— Maxim Gorky
- A mother is a mother still, the holiest thing alive- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Only a mother understands what a child does not say- Jewish Proverb
- Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; a mother’s secret hope outlives them all- Oliver Wendell Holmes
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life- Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
- Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children- William Makepeace Thackeray
- A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts- Washington Irving
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest-Unknown
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness- Honore de Balzac
- Few misfortunes can befall a boy which brings worse consequences than to have a really affectionate mother- W.Somerset Maugham
- The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new- Rajneesh
- It takes someone really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child and someone special to love someone more than herself.
- A mother’s work is never done. She works from morning until dawn. She spreads her love and keeps you warm. But only once a year we say Mother, we wish you “Happy Mother’s Day”.
- Without mothers, our society would be doomed. You are a great example of what it takes to keep the chaos organized.”
- If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother. – Booker T. Washington
- If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? – Milton Berle
- The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men – from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms-Oliver Wendell Holmes
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers- Jewish proverb
- If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam- Henry Bickersteth
- Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries- Thomas Talmage
- There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it- Chinese Proverb
- A mother is clothed with strength and dignity, laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks her words are wise and she gives instructions with kindness.” – Jewish proverb
- There is no perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities and certainly different children. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply.” – Elder M. Russel Ballard
25 Beautiful Mother’s Day Wishes from a Daughter
It is difficult to thank someone who has done so much for you and impacted your life in ways you can’t even begin to explain. These mothers day messages from daughter to mom will ease this task a little bit:
- This one’s for you, Mom! Break out the vintage wine and cheese! I appreciate all you’ve done and continue to do for me. You deserve only the best! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day, full of peace and blessings. Love you.
- Hey, Mom, Happy Mother’s Day! Now that I’m a mother myself, I understand what a trooper you’ve been all these years. More power to us both! Wishing you a wonderful day, full of the things you love most.
- Dearest Mom, Happy Mother’s Day. You’ve always been such a tremendous source of strength for me. I hope you take time out today to do what you enjoy. Spend time with Dad, read a good book and indulge in lots of chocolate!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. This is your special day and you deserve the very best! You’ve always been such a great role model and I’ve learned so much just watching you in action. Love and blessings to you.
- Dear Mom, this is my chance to thank you for all you’ve done for me over the years. You’ve been wonderfully caring and supportive through good times and bad, and I love you for always being there. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day.
- To my wonderful mother on her special day! You’re such a great person, Mom. I can’t begin to express my thanks for all you’ve done through the years. When I was younger, you were always the best listener. Now that I’m older, you’ve become my best friend and confidante. Wishing you all the best.
- Dearest Mom, Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you celebrate with all your favorite things. Treat yourself to a long morning walk, a luxurious breakfast and a great novel. You’re one of my biggest heroes, Mom, and you deserve a day for yourself. Love you lots.
- Dearest Mother, Happy Mom’s Day! We may not have been so close when I was younger, but I’ve always known that you’re there for me. Now, as I prepare to become a mom, I look forward to a new and exciting chapter with you. Here’s wishing you abundant health and happiness today and always.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. I’m thinking of you today. I’m so incredibly thankful for all you’ve done for me. You’ve always cheered me on from the sidelines, supporting my every move. Treat yourself to something fabulous in honour of your special day. I love you!
- Dear Mom, Mother’s Day is a perfect opportunity to express how much I appreciate your warmth, your courage and your integrity. You are the best mom a girl could hope for! Wishing you all the best. Hugs and kisses.
- To the best Mom I could ever hope for, Happy Mother’s Day! I wish I could be there to help you celebrate. Be sure to pamper yourself! You owe it to yourself!
- Mom, you’ve always been my greatest fan. I honestly don’t know how you do it. I’ve certainly given you a run for your money, but you’ve never given up on me. Happy Mother’s Day. Know that I truly treasure you.
- Happy Mother’s Day! I don’t say it nearly enough but thank you for all you’ve done for me in my life and everything you still do.
- To my dear mother on Mother’s Day. Mom, you are all the things I admire most in a person. You’re warm, sensitive, caring and so generous with your time. Now that I’m building my own family, I realize how tough a mother’s job can be. You’ve been a stellar role model. Have a great day!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! What a whirlwind trip the last few years have been. Despite the challenges, you’ve been there for me, and I’m so grateful. You’re the best of the best, Mom, and I love you for being you.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! On occasions like this, it’s hard being so far away. What I wouldn’t give to wrap my arms around you and tell you how much I love you! Spend the day doing what you love. You’re in my thoughts!
- To my precious mother, Happy Mom’s Day! What would I do without you, Mom? You’ve got a heart of gold and the patience of a saint! I love you and I’ll be thinking about you throughout the day. Enjoy!
- Mom, don’t tell Dad but you are way cooler than he is! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Throughout the years, you’ve always been by my side. I couldn’t have had a better mother to look up to. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I hope to be a mother like you. Strong, loving, devoted, inspiring, wonderful and cool! Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thanks for putting up with crazy, wild, bratty, spoiled me. I wouldn’t be the AMAZING human being now if it wasn’t for you, Mom
- Your love is like a rainbow that brings colour into my world. I am such a lucky daughter. I love you, Mama!
- I am honoured to be your daughter, I am proud to have you as my Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You are an awesome mother and a great friend, thanks Mom for loving me and supporting me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day! You’re the most special woman in my heart now and forever. Love always.
24 Happy Mother’s Day Wishes from a Son
Use the following mothers’ day messages from son to mom if you run out of words to express the joy of being born to such a wonderful person.
- To my wonderful Mother, who is very tolerant of a son like me: I LOVE YOU! Happy Mother’s Day!
- It’s your day to kick back and relax. Let me take care of you for once Mom. Happy Mother’s day!
- There’s always love in everything you do. How did I ever get to be such a lucky son? Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
- I am grateful to you. I love you. I depend on you. I rely on you. I am so lucky to be your son. Happy Mother’s Day!
- There is the only woman in the world she gave me love, gave me her soul and gave me her time and she’s my mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
- I love you MOM, No matter what we go through, No matter how much we argue, because I know, at the end you’ll always be there for me. Happy Mother’s Day!!
- You were always there for me if I was sick or had a bad dream or needed help with my homework. Even now, you always make me feel loved and important. Even when you have a million other things on your plate..! Happy Mother’s Day, and thank you Maa.
- Nothing is as special to me as you, mom. Nothing is as precious to me as you, mom. Nothing is as beautiful as your eyes mom. Nothing is as filled with love as your heart mom. Love you always. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the most amazing mother anyone could ask for. Thank you for being patient and loving, never being too busy or too tired, and always being interested in what I have to say.
- I love you mom and am glad that God blessed me with such a caring mother. You went above and beyond the call of duty many times.
- “Mom, you must have been hand-picked to be the right mom for me. I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it wasn’t for you.”
- I’m so lucky to have you as my mother. I’m sure no one else would have put up with me this long. Happy Mother’s Day!
- For the best mom, who always had a smile for me. I know we may be far apart right now so here’s a great big hug and kiss. Happy Mother’s Day.
- It’s my time to know you that how fortunate and special I am to be blessed with a mother as caring, loving as you. Wish you a happy Mother’s Day Mom.
- I believe in love at the first sight for you are the first person I saw when I opened my eyes and have loved you since that day dear mum.
- As many as the stars in the sky, so do I have as many regards to the woman who brought me to this world, happy mother’s day!
- You are my friend, my spirit, my influence towards success. There is no replacement for you. You are the best and will be best forever. Wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thanks for always helping me to remember what is important in life… and today it is you! You are the best! Wish You A Happy Mother’s Day.
- Dear mother, you have shown me true love without a measure, in your arms, I find my safest haven that shelters me whenever the storms rise beyond ability.
- In my whole life, I haven’t met a lady as elegant, beautiful and lovely as you. I love lots mommy. Wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day.
- M is for Marvelous, O is for Open, T is for Trustworthy, H is for Honest, E is for Elegant, R is for Reliable. Happy Mother’s Day! I love you!My mother is my strongest support in life. Without her I am nothing. Happy Mother’s Day
- Dear Mom what you have taught made me a humble person. You are truly the best mom in the world!
- I love how my mother cares for me and worries for me. Wishing you a very Happy Mother’s day!
No expensive gifts or money is enough to repay your mother. A simple handwritten card will be more valuable to her than fancy presents. So go ahead, Celebrate Mother’s day with your special lady!