Last Updated on
Vegetable masoor pulav is an easy-to-make pot-rice dish, that is tasty and nutritious. As it includes veggies and dal, it is great for babies. If you want to make this healthy pulav for your baby, we have the recipe! Masoor dal is an important ingredient of this recipe as it is very nutritious. But you can be flexible with veggies. You can add vegetables of your choice in this pulav. Find out how you can make vegetable masoor pulav for your baby.
Type of Meal
Babies above 11 months of age
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner
|Ingredients||Quantity and Volume|
|Basmati rice||1 cup|
|Masoor dal||½ cup|
|Carrots (chopped)||½ cup|
|Green beans (chopped)||½ cup|
|Ginger and garlic paste||½ tsp|
|Black cardamom powder||½ tsp|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
|Coconut yoghurt||3 tbsp|
|Salt as per taste||According to taste|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make vegetable masoor pulav in no time.
- First, soak the masoor dal for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for around 30 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a pressure cooker then add in the chopped onions.
- Once the onions turn translucent, add in the cardamom powder, cinnamon, ginger-garlic paste, and mix well.
- Add in the vegetables and mix well. You can also add other vegetables of your choice, such as potatoes, cauliflowers or broccoli.
- Add in the turmeric powder and mix well, and let the vegetables cook for about 2 minutes. You can also add red chilli powder, but make sure it doesn’t get too spicy for your baby.
- Wash the masoor dal, and after draining the water, add the dal to the vegetable mix and stir it all together. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut yoghurt or normal yoghurt and mix everything well.
- Drain the water from the rice and add it in the cooker.
- Add salt according to your taste and 2 cups of water. Mix well.
- Pressure cook for three whistles.
- Once cooked, turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Add more after if you want to make it soft and mushy.
Follow the below-mentioned tips to cook vegetable masoor pulav to perfection.
- Remember to soak the dal for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash the vegetables before you chop and add them to the pan.
- Make sure you wash the dal and rice thoroughly.
- If you want to give your masoor dal pulav a rich look, add in some nuts and dry fruits. You can add pistachios, almonds, or cashew nuts. However, make sure your baby doesn’t choke on them.
Nutrition Information (Per 100 Grams)
|Vitamin A||226.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||29 mcg|
The ingredients that go into the vegetable masoor pulav are incredibly nutritious. That’s why this dish is a must-include in your growing baby’s diet. Find out how the ingredients of this wholesome dish can be beneficial for health.
- Masoor dal is high in fibre and can help maintain blood sugar levels.
- Masoor dal can lower bad cholesterol levels and keep the heart healthy.
- Masoor dal can help nourish your baby’s bones and teeth.
- As masoor dal is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, and E, it can help maintain a healthy vision.
- Vegetables like carrots can improve your baby’s vision.
- Make sure to buy good quality products from a grocery store.
- Buy basmati rice from a grocery store you visit often and are sure that they sell only good products.
- Buy organic vegetables and dal from a hygienic place.
Now you know how to make vegetable masoor pulav. Go ahead and make it for your baby, and watch him eat it with delight!