Puri Bhaji Recipe
Puri Bhaji is an Indian street food which is famous all across India. It is a delicious mouth-watering breakfast dish. Puri Bhaji for toddlers is a perfect meal for lunch and school going kids love to carry this food for their lunch. Puri is made of whole wheat flour, and Bhaji is known as dry Sabzi, which is made of potatoes.
Type of Meal
North Indian Vegetarian Meal
Toddlers above 12 months of age
Morning breakfast or Lunch
|Ingredients For Aloo Bhaji||Quantity and Volume|
|Potatoes (Boiled)||1 cup|
|Onion (Chopped)||½ Cup|
|Lemon Juice||2 Tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||½ Tsp|
|Mustard Seeds||1 Tsp|
|Salt||¼ Tsp or According to taste|
|Curry leaves||4 Pc|
|Ingredients For Puri||Quantity and Volume|
|Whole Wheat Flour||1 Cup|
|Oil for deep frying||2 Cup|
Do not worry about how to make Puri Bhaji, as we have given step by step directions to prepare the recipe easily.
- First, peel off the boiled potatoes and onions and chop them into small pieces.
- Take a kadhai or nonstick frying pan and put the oil on flame.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté them well for 30 secs on a low flame.
- Now, add the onions and fry them well on a medium flame.
- Then add the turmeric powder and potatoes and mix all the ingredients well and cook them for 2 mins on a medium flame.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, and coriander leaves and cook them for another 2 minutes on a medium flame. Mash some potatoes with the back of the spoon.
- The Aloo Bhaji is ready. Keep it aside.
- For the Puris, take a big bowl and combine the whole wheat flour, salt, oil, and water to make a stiff dough.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10-15 mins.
- In the meanwhile, heat the oil in the kadhai on a medium flame.
- Now, divide the dough into equal portions and roll them into balls with the help of your palms.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough balls into round puris.
- Now slide the puris into the hot oil in the kadhai and deep fry each of them until golden brown from both sides.
- Drain the oil of the puris and serve them hot along with the bhaji.
Remember the below-mentioned points before you start preparing the easy Puri Bhaji recipe for your baby.
- Wash your hands properly before cooking and make sure the utensils used are properly washed.
- Make sure you fry the onion till it turns golden brown.
- While kneading the dough, pour the water in small portions as the dough needs to be stiff.
- Properly drain the oil from the puris, and place the puris on a tissue paper to ensure that all the excess oil is absorbed.
- Boil the potatoes properly.
- Add the salt and lemon juice according to your children’s taste.
Nutrition Information (Value for Servings)
|Vitamin A||411.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||3.1 mg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.7 mg|
|Vitamin E||0.4 mg|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||34 mcg|
Below are the health benefits of home-made Puri Bhaji baby food recipe.
- The presence of Vitamin B1 protects the nerves, aids in the absorption of sugar, prevents heart diseases and helps to make platelets.
- Phosphorous works together with calcium to make bones strong.
- Dietary fibre reduces the risk of coronary disease, counteracts the increase in glucose levels and is therefore good for toddlers.
- Vitamin C provides exceptional protection against cough and colds.
- It keeps the baby feel full for a longer duration and aids digestion.
- Buy good quality ingredients.
- Buy fresh Potatoes and onions from the market.
- Use filtered water for kneading the dough.
- Sieve the flour before using it.
Babies sometimes enjoy eating the street side foods, but their health is very precious to us. So serve them with homemade Puri Bhaji to satisfy their cravings in a healthy and hygienic way.