Pineapple Sheera Recipe
Sheera, also known as halwa, is a sweet, soft, and delicious dish. It is one of the essentials of Indian hospitality. The flours may vary from region to region with its uniqueness, and the taste is always amazing. Pineapple sheera is one alluring sweet dish that is just right for your kid or toddler. You can add a little variation in the preparation with milk or other ingredients. A simple recipe that is easy to prepare, your baby will like its taste, and you can serve it to others in the family as well. Pineapple sheera for babies is relished by one and all in the family.
Type of Meal
Toddlers above 13 months of age
Breakfast or evening snacks
|Quantity and Volume
|Semolina (rava or sooji)
|2 ½ cup
Although semolina or sooji is the main ingredient in pineapple sheera, but the others have an equally vital role in giving it a great taste. If you are looking for how to make pineapple sheera, we are here to guide you. Please go through our step by step directions for preparing this tasty and healthy dish.
1. On a medium flame, dry roast the semolina or sooji until it turns aromatic. Once done, transfer it to a separate bowl and let it cool.
2. Now add ghee to a non-stick pan and roast cashews till it turns golden brown.
3. Add raisins to it and fry till it swells. Remove these and allow it to cool.
4. Take the pineapple chunks and sauté it in the same pan for 3-4 minutes.
5. Once done, add 3 cups of water to it.
6. Keep the flame low, and slowly add the roasted sooji.
7. Keep stirring continuously to ensure that no lumps are formed.
8. Mix half a cup of sugar and stir regularly. It should not stick to the sides.
9. Now add cardamom powder, cashews, and raisins and mix well.
10. Add saffron to it and mix again.
11. Lower the flame, cover the pan and let the water evaporate.
12. Your pineapple sheera is ready to serve.
While preparing the simple pineapple sheera recipe, we suggest you keep in mind a few tips:
- While dry roasting the sooji on the flame, do not overdo it else, it will spoil the taste.
- The pineapple chunks should be small, so as the consistency in texture remains in the sheera.
- Before adding saffron, you can dip it in 3-4 tbsp of milk and add it along with the milk to the preparation.
- While roasting the cashews, ensure that they remains golden and do not turn brown.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of water added to the preparation to attain the desired consistency of sheera.
Nutrition Information (Per 100 Grams)
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
Home-made Pineapple sheera baby food recipe does not only have a great taste, but it also has numerous health benefits. Consider these:
- Being high in vitamin C, it protects your baby from cough and cold.
- Sooji is a good source of magnesium and phosphorus that keeps the nervous system of your baby healthy.
- The pineapple will keep the bowel system of your child regular.
- Use home-made ghee as much as possible.
- Organic food is the best choice for your kitchen.
- Use fresh pineapple instead of ready to use pineapple puree or frozen fruits.
Pineapple sheera is not merely a dish that entices your taste buds; it is also a healthy addition to your baby’s diet. You can serve it a few times every week, and your baby will eat it happily and easily. It is one of the dishes that will fit every festive occasion. You can serve it warm to your guests as well.