Last Updated on
Waffles are unique in their crispy texture and sweet taste. If you want to spice up your kid’s breakfast with variety and also keep it easy, waffles are the way to go. Oats waffle with chocolate milk for babies has the goodness of oats along with the much-desired ingredients for kids, the chocolate. They are crispy outside and tender inside, with a very moderate sweetness. A customizable recipe, you could add up things as per your imagination, creativity, and your baby’s preferences. A perfect dish for breakfast, it can also be used as a dessert or can adorn your table on a weekend brunch. This is a yummier way to feed oats to your little ones.
Type of Meal
Toddlers above 22 months of age
Breakfast / Dinner
Snack / Dessert
|Ingredients||Quantity and Volume|
|Rolled oats flour||2 cups|
|Coconut flour||2 tbsp|
|Banana||One large – mashed|
|Unsweetened almond milk||1 cup|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Maple syrup (optional)||2 tbsp|
|Salt||Just a pinch|
|Coconut oil||¼ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||¼ cup|
|Cinnamon powder||½ tsp|
|Eggs||One large or two small (beaten)|
Let us take a look at the step by step procedure to prepare Oats waffle with chocolate milk. We would first make chocolate milk with cocoa powder and then prepare the waffle batter with it.
Making chocolate milk:
- Pour the milk in a mixing jar.
- Start adding cocoa powder, bit by bit while you keep blending with either a spoon or an immersion blender.
- You could store this milk in the fridge for future use.
- Mix coconut flour, oats flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Take another bowl and mix chocolate milk, coconut oil, egg, mashed banana, and vanilla extract.
- Now stir in wet mix onto the dry mix and keep blending till you get a smooth batter. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray waffle maker with oil and heat it.
- Add 1/3 cup of waffle batter into the maker and cook it as per instructions. It should be golden brown; it might take about 5 minutes.
- You should be able to make 4-5 waffles with this batter.
- Pour maple syrup and serve.
We are sure this easy Oats waffle with chocolate milk recipe is the next thing you want to try for your little one.
- Look at the manufacturer’s instructions when pre-heating waffle iron.
- You can adjust the thickness of the batter by adding more or less almond milk.
- Coconut flour makes the waffles crisp, so use more if your baby prefers it crispier.
- A banana in this recipe gives the waffle ample sweetness for a young child. But if your child wants a sweeter version, then maple syrup is a good option.
- You could freeze the waffles and use them for a week too.
Nutrition Information (Per waffle)
* Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.
This home-made Oats waffle with chocolate milk baby food recipe is something you want to try out for sure; it is simple and full of taste and nutrition.
- Oats have a beta-glucan which is excellent for building immunity in babies.
- Since we are making chocolate milk at home, you can use any milk of your choice to add to the benefits and suit your child’s needs.
- You could also make your oat flour by sprouting and grinding oat flakes that would add to the nutrition value of oatmeal.
- These days you get organic options for all the ingredients listed here, so try to use mostly organic.
- Look for a waffle iron which is made of non-toxic material.
This was a guide on how to make Oats waffle with chocolate milk for babies, and it is home-made and tastes just as good as in the restaurants.